what to play?

alehhandro

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Greetings from Riga, Latvia! (a small country in the eastern Europe :D)
First of all sorry for my English, it's not my first language, so there can appear different stupid mistakes and inconveniences.
About two weeks ago I got my ukulele and I really enjoy its sound! I became reaaally keen on this instrument so I want to succeed in playing it. I used to play classical guitar, so some basics are already known.
The question is - what should I play? I am so sorry if such question was already asked before. I have watched probably all the videos on the Youtube made by Aldrine Guerrera and other masters, however, still cannot find what I am looking for...
I totally cannot sing :D so I'd like to learn some songs with picking only, where the voice is not required. May be someone could advice some not complicated songs, with tabs or may be video lessons?
By the way, if the melody reminds hawaii rhytms it is absolutely perfect :D I have learned the melody from Tiki Farm game on the Facebook, such melodies make me feel happy :D

Need your help guyz,
Thanks in advance

Hello alehhandro, Yes the "what to play" question is asked daily and is always welcome. Congratulations on your ukulele.
Heres my suggestion:http://kenmiddleton.co.uk/default.aspx. Ken is a member here and has a great site with tabs and advice. His playing will impress you, and he is great about answering any questions you have about his tabs, site and anything uke related.
Welcome to UU,
Don

This sounds like something you're looking for although you say you've seen Aldrine's videos on YouTube. I've been working on this on and off for the past month. Ukulele Waltz

BTW, welcome to UU!

Thanks to another UUer's post (thanks Lori), I've started working on a couple of fingerpicking melodies from here:
http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solobuch.pdf

Like you, I'm a beginner uke player with a musical background. Included in the book are classical and folk tunes. I've started with Amazing Grace and Home on the Range, and am making some good progress.

I like looking at Ukejon on Youtube...I'll be there by Jackson 5 is relatively easy to play but hard to make it sound good and transition. Good luck

Aloha alehhandro,
Welcome to the UU and our forums....your english it good...as for where to buy there, our europen members can help you...google these sites...Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax
for awesome ukulele video tutorals and Dr Uke for songs, chords and instructions..Have fun and enjoy...Happy strummings..MM Stan

Top Bottom