What is better than awesome? Uke Republic!

KC8AFW

Reaction score
What's happenin' UUers. It's been a while since I posted. You know how it goes...have a couple of grandkids and life gets real busy. Anyway...I have a story I wanted to share:

I had a recent flare up of UAS. That new Ohana SK-38 really caught my eye and I just had to have one. I looked and saw Uke Republic carries them...so I sent Mike a PM to find out if he had any in stock.

Mike PM'd me back to let me know that he only had one, and Ohana was out of them as well. If I wanted it he could send it out today, but he was leaving town on Friday. I let him know that I would not have the funds available until Friday...so I would just have to cross my fingers and hope that he still had one by then.

Here's the best part of the story: Mike PM'd me back again and said if I wanted it...he would go ahead and send it out today and I could pay for it when the funds became available. So I called Mike and we worked it out.

Now, I would have been absolutely tickled pink if he would have offered to hold on to it for me. I would have been happy to order it through the website on Friday and he could have shipped it out when he got back in town. Mike really wanted to make sure I had my new ukulele in time for the holiday weekend.

I have heard nothing but praise on this forum for Uke Republic, so I expected a pleasant experience. But, for a merchant to go above and beyond to that level really just blows me away.

I cannot express how much this means to me...or how impressed I am by this. But I can guarantee Uke Republic has at least one more loyal customer.

Great story! I have ordered a sailor uke from Mike and he said it should be ready the first week of June. Can't wait. I have called him a few times checking on it and have had nothing but fantastic customer service from him. What he has done for you is a testament to him and his business.

Great, congrats! I've only heard great things about Uke Republic.

So, so cool, thanks for sharing the story. I love uke people, what a wonderful way for Mike to have treated you. Makes me want to send my business his way!

Congratulations on your new Ohana!
I also bought a uke with Mike on Sunday, and he was just simply fantastic. Within hours he answered all emails with questions I wondered about the Ohana sopranino. (I live in Brazil and it is difficult to call to the ukulele stores).
Result: yesterday, Monday, I had my tracking number for an Ohana sopranino w/case an extra strings I still paid on Sunday night. I look forward to receiving the uke in my home and very happy with the care of Mike.

Last edited:
I have heard nothing but praise on this forum for Uke Republic, so I expected a pleasant experience. But, for a merchant to go above and beyond to that level really just blows me away.

Mike is and awesome person all around ... and funny too!

Great story! I have ordered a sailor uke from Mike and he said it should be ready the first week of June. Can't wait. I have called him a few times checking on it and have had nothing but fantastic customer service from him. What he has done for you is a testament to him and his business.

oh nice! I have one on order too! What did you order? Can't wait to see pics.

Oh .. and I forgot to say .. to the OP .. congrats on your Ohana

I always recommend Uke Republic. I got my first ukulele from Mike and he really helped me to figure out what I wanted, then gave me a great deal and sent it out very quickly. I think I'm going to order a Sailor Brand Tenor from him very soon!

Cool! You just reminded me of something...

Many years ago I used to frequent an independent bookstore in Hollywood. I visited at least weekly and would buy something at least every payday (twice a month). Got to know the owner a bit, a very nice older gentleman.

Once they got in a 10-volume set that had been out of print that I'd really wanted but couldn't afford (it was $250). I asked him if I could buy one volume every payday. He thought for a minute and then said no, because if anything happened, we'd both end up with incomplete sets. I said I understood, and then he said, "But I'll let you take the entire set today for $25 if you promise to pay me $25 every payday until it's paid off."

Wow! No contract or written agreement of any kind, just a handshake. Every time I came in to pay him, he'd write a receipt for the amount I paid with the new balance on it. It was a kindness I never forgot, and a trust I would have never dreamed of breaking. :)

Hey, I've got a Sailor on order too, my first tenor. I'm still so in love with my Mainland concert (that I got from Uke Republic two years ago) that I had to go with a tenor Sailor just so it would get some playing time... Eucalyptus back & sides.

Who already has one? let's post pix when we get them for sure.

Hey that was mine lol. Mike told me last night that he only had one left, but I didn't bite. You are getting a really great little uke - enjoy it.

Thanks for letting me steal this out from under you. :D

Oh .. and I forgot to say .. to the OP .. congrats on your Ohana

Thanks...I wanted a modern uke that had the same vintage vibe as my 1930s Favilla, so this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll post pics when it shows up.

Cool! You just reminded me of something...

Many years ago I used to frequent an independent bookstore in Hollywood. I visited at least weekly and would buy something at least every payday (twice a month). Got to know the owner a bit, a very nice older gentleman.

Once they got in a 10-volume set that had been out of print that I'd really wanted but couldn't afford (it was $250). I asked him if I could buy one volume every payday. He thought for a minute and then said no, because if anything happened, we'd both end up with incomplete sets. I said I understood, and then he said, "But I'll let you take the entire set today for $25 if you promise to pay me $25 every payday until it's paid off."

Wow! No contract or written agreement of any kind, just a handshake. Every time I came in to pay him, he'd write a receipt for the amount I paid with the new balance on it. It was a kindness I never forgot, and a trust I would have never dreamed of breaking. :)

Great story. I'll bet you recommended to all your friends that they give their business to that bookstore owner, too.

I love these stories. This is the first time you have bought from Mike and he trusted you that much. Very impressive. I have had great business transactions with Mike as well.

I always recommend Uke Republic. I got my first ukulele from Mike and he really helped me to figure out what I wanted, then gave me a great deal and sent it out very quickly. I think I'm going to order a Sailor Brand Tenor from him very soon!

You got your Pineapple from Mike too! (just indirectly from me as I got it first from Mike!) :)

Sounds like Mike's getting some business from me pretty soon! I'm looking for a tenor and that Sailor Brand looks very tempting. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us!!!

Sounds like Mike's getting some business from me pretty soon! I'm looking for a tenor and that Sailor Brand looks very tempting. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us!!!

Just buy the Sailor Brand. Seriously, it is the best bang for the buck.

You got your Pineapple from Mike too! (just indirectly from me as I got it first from Mike!) :)

Sweet, two pineapples from Mike! I'm figuring out all the options and am just about to pull the trigger on a Sailor Brand Tenor!

Top Bottom