James Hill new cd?

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hi UU friends!

I know many are awaiting the new album from Eddie Vedder (May 30), but does anyone have news for the new album from James Hill?
To June? July?

Latest news on James site:

"May 2, 2011: New CD master: check. Music video: check. Photoshoots: check. CD Artwork: in progress. New website: in progress. Yeah!"

...and about the pre-orders:

"Pre-ordering is now closed. Thank you to all who have supported the making of this album! Look for James' new release in stores and online this Summer."

I need a good James Hill Album. Jake is great, but for just sittin and listenen, I sure love James Hill (wouldn't mind having that uke either)

James says the release date is September.
The cd is done, but not yet released.
The current cd with Anne "True Love Don't Weep" is available along with his early instrumental releases.
I had the pleasure and honor of playing with James on stage with our matching DaSilva ukuleles.

September ... it will take a long time to get for me...
Today I bought the cd "A Flying Leap" (2006), in mp3 version, and I liked it so much more still would be interested in his new cd. I listem some musics that I listen on Might Uke dvd menu... great fellings in each note!

The current cd with Anne "True Love Don't Weep" is available along with his early instrumental releases.
I had the pleasure and honor of playing with James on stage with our matching DaSilva ukuleles.

WoW! SailingUke its great!
just listen to a James Hill alive show it is too many for me.

Thanks for the update. I am one of those pre-order supporters, and I am looking forward to the new album.

Sounds like you had a good time at the uke festival! Any video coming soon of the duet?

–Lori

So, until Setpember...
Someone has the first James Hill cd, "Playing it like it isn't...(2002)"?
I bought all teh others in mp3 format, but this cd is out of stock in all the formats!
Someone could make a download file?

When I spoke with James in San Diego, he said they were holding the general release until the preorders were delivered.

I was also a member of the preorder group, and my CD came in the mail on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, though.

Got mine this morning! :D Importing it to iTunes as I type, I work in a guitar store, so the ipod plays in the store. Guess what I'm playing today? :D

I noticed that in the booklet he lists the ukes he played on the album, and no G-String ukes? Love to try out the DaSilva James Hill model, lot of money to spend without trying one first. Looks really cool :D

Last edited:
I came home to a big surprise. My copy of "Man with a Love Song" was waiting for me.
FANTASTIC, James has done it again, without a doubt he is the best !!!!

Top Bottom