help stringing for a beginner

ainokea

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some Aquilas, but the sights I have seen that sell them, sell 1 string at a time. Do I just order four high G tuning strings? Or do they come in packs?

I can restring a guitar, but this self nylon re-string is giving me the shakes.

ohh I'm a 'member' now, who stole my junior?

Dude you just went up a rank good job, I still need to figure out how you managed to do that.

For what is of the re-sting issue just make sure you do it one string at a time otherwise you might mess up the tension in the bridge. Other than that you are safe if you place all the strings at the right spots.

Yep, that's it (if you have a concert ukulele). They will add s&h. I'm not sure how much that is...we usually order 3-4 sets at a time for a total of about $30.

Dude you just went up a rank good job, I still need to figure out how you managed to do that.

For what is of the re-sting issue just make sure you do it one string at a time otherwise you might mess up the tension in the bridge. Other than that you are safe if you place all the strings at the right spots.

100 makes u senior member haha

oh sweet, then how come people are saying these strings are expensive?

6.12 for a set of 4 strings?

When you start paying $3 a string, then we can talk. Until then, price for most popular `ukulele strings are very cheap. Some will say Worth is expensive, but you get enough for two sets in one pack.

That said, I order from juststrings.com, unless I find the string I use in bulk on eBay (which I did).

In the big scheme of things, I used to pay $20 a set, and now have it down to about $13-$14 a set with shipping. What is the cost of strings compared to the cost of an instrument? Nothing.

Aloha!

-Aaron

Excellent!

100 makes u senior member haha

I'd better get writing a lot of threads then.

what would you recommend for a fluke? i'm still debating if i should get new strings because some people have been saying the stock ones are better than even some of the more expensive ones such as worth or aquilas

Top Bottom