Graduation Song

Kazz3lrath

Reaction score
Me and my roommate (a fellow uker) are coming up onto our last year of High School, and have been trying to find a good graduation-esque song to play? Any suggestions?

The Verve Pipe "Freshmen" because you will soon be them all over again.

Sorry it's not a better suggestion...

Apropos of this weekend, there's "It's The End Of The World As We Know It"...

or if you want to be a little more depressing, there's "Childhood's End" by either Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd or, if you want to go a little more obscure, Marillion. Maybe a medley!

But seriously, there's "Forever Young"... oh, heavens... this is another one where any of the three would work... Rod Stewart, Bob Dylan or Alphaville.

Ok.. I officially suck at picking graduation songs... maybe because I never graduated. That might be it! *grin*

My son is graduating next week from high school and the class song is Stand By Me so I have been trying to learn it on uke.

The Four Freshmen had a huge hit with a song called "Graduation Day" in the mid 1950's. It was kind of a sappy, corny song, but you might be able to give it new life by updating the lyrics and picking up the tempo a bit.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! The song we ended up doing was "School's Out" although we ended up doing Sevendust's version, which is very similar but has a wee bit more crunch to it.

This is the Moment by the Moody Blues

Lots of lyrics/chords on Google for guitar, guess you can convert!

Last edited:
Top Bottom