PDA

View Full Version : Latest Ukes ready to ship NOW. For Sale

Tudorp
05-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Here is a current line up of Ukes ready to ship now. All these have been set up by me, and look and sound awesome.

Model 1C, Concert, Solid Mahogany.
Model 1T, Tenor Solid Curly Maple.
Model 2T, Tenor Solid Acacia
Model 3T, Tenor Solid Mahogany
Model 4T, Tenor Solid Mahogany
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/lineup-1.png
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/duklineup2.jpg?t=1306346945

This one is also back in inventory. It did not sell on ebay. So, it is still available and in the mix of choices.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/Ebay/3ta6.jpg?t=1306332940

There will be more ready soon.
Available this week. DŁk Model 6T Arched Top Tenor $269.95 w/ hard case
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/5-2.jpg

mm stan
05-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Aloha Tony,
Hey those ukes look awesome....must be a ukulele candy store at your house too...and you must be having fun...did you get your uke back from the Mrs...??? MM Stan

PhilUSAFRet
05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
What are the chances of ever seeing a 4T in Maple without the glitzy stuff on the back?
Can he do different bindings such as tortoise? Right now, my "blues uke" is a Cordoba 20TM CE and I am hoping to upgrade eventually. Do I remember correctly that you install pickups Tudorp?

Tudorp
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
She has her own tenor Stan, but still has yet to surrender IZ. She took off with him too.. lol.. And yes, I am having a blast with the Ukeathon at the house.

The ones I offer at present are from stock, but myself and the builder are still planning for him to start building models to my specs for my shop. At that time, I will be offering some that don't have so much bubble gum on them, with a darker bindings as well. We are still going over details on that stuff for future stuff..

tainauke
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Actually, the 4T is my favorite. Up front it looks tough and then hidden on the back, you can see that it is actually sweet! Good job on the ukuleles!!!

Nuprin
05-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to Tudrop. I got a model 4T from him (a little different this the one here...no inlay on the back but a dragon inlay on the fretboard). The setup is great and the uke sounds nice and sweet. Did a quick review with a sound sample here (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?47465-D%FCk-Mahogany-Tenor-Cutaway) for those interested.

telebob
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Wow! VeRy NiCe.... I like the decorative models... eye catching first impression. Prices seem reasonable too. :)

keithy351
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
i wish you could get 4T in acacia wood, with the nice pick guards on them, cut away, with the dragon inlay on the neck.... wait, any chance you might be able to, ie have one built with acacia instead of mahogany???

also with the 2T models does he spray or do something to the edges of the ukulele to give that dark colour??? any chance it can be requested to have that 'not' done??

i really love the look and sound of these ukes

Tudorp
05-26-2011, 01:05 AM
When we start up build on ukes specifically for my shop with my specs, I am sure 4T can be had in Acacia. He does build similar ones to that style with acacia. For now, I am just purchasing from his already built stock so we are limited. Within the next few months, we do have plans to build to my specs for my shop. And yes, the 2T is my favorite as well. That is a dark colored "rim burst" he sprays on them, but he doesn't do all of them like that. I actually have one just like it on the way that does not have the dark rim burst, and also does not have the palm design inlay on it. When we start my personal builds, it will be for models 4T (with and without pickguards in Acacia and Mahogany), 2T, 1T (In Maple, Acacia, Mahogany) and a couple new models, one being an archtop. Also the 1C (which is the same as the 2T but in Concert). They will have more subtle abalone and MOP inlays, and my "DŁk" logo in MOP on the headstock. There will also be a soprano with a concert neck available.

Mouthy1
05-27-2011, 05:33 AM
I know I like the 4T but I like less bling. I like the markers on the Maple an think that would be great! Really digging the sound out of these. Blown away actually.

Tudorp
05-27-2011, 06:45 AM
I know I like the 4T but I like less bling. I like the markers on the Maple an think that would be great! Really digging the sound out of these. Blown away actually.

I've got two of those maples, and love that one too myself. I kept one of the two I got for my personal collection too.. ;)

I also reallly love the grain pattern on the mahogany on the 3T one too. Kinda tiger stripped. I am hoping that one sells fast before I end up taking that one for myself too, lol.. I can't afford to stay doing this like that, because I am a horrible customer, and never pays, hahhah..

Hiddencross
05-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Not buying right now, but I like the looks of the 4T. Any close-ups (particularly of the headstock) you could post?

Tudorp
05-27-2011, 08:22 AM
This is the standard headstock on these, and the style I plan to use once my logo starts going on them. The logo on the ones in the near future will be inlaid mother of pearl. All of these have the headstock on the left with the exception of the maple. It has a different shape with an inlaid lily in abalone. These headstocks have a veneer of rosewood. The one on the left will be the soprano headstock with friction tuners.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/altheadstock.jpg?t=1306520415

This next one is the headstock on the maple. It has the same sealed geared tuners as the rest of them, except it has ebony buttons in lue of chrome.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/Ebay/maple4.jpg?t=1306520736

Mouthy1
05-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Good headstock logo. Not too much and not too little. Will look good as an inlay. I am diggin' watching you make this work Tudorp!

NotsoGoodyet
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Maybe I missed it.
What's the significance of Duk?
I googled it and found a restaurant in Lancashire.
Or are you a minion of the Duke Energy Corp with duk as it's stock symbol?

Tudorp
05-27-2011, 11:44 AM
lol.. No.. It actually started by being called once the "Duke Of Ukes" by someone in my area. So, I decided to call my little business venture "Duke". I decided against that, because 'Duke of Uke" is already in use, several places. So, I make it "DŁk" seeing I speak, (well DID anyway) German. I spoke it in high school and while serving in Germany for over 3 years. Been 25 years since I spoke it so dont ask me to break out in Duetch anytime soon, lol.. But, always loved the language hince the Umlught <spelliing> over the U making it pronouced the same as "Duke". That's it in a nutshell. That, and it looks cool.. lol

SweetWaterBlue
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Well, it certainly sounds better than Herzog, which the silly Google translater says is German for Duke lol. I like the little umlauts and it certainly worked for Haagen Daz. No idea how you get those to show up here.

NotsoGoodyet
05-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Dang!
We just blew the budget on, of all things, flowers and shrubs for the yard.
My lovely wife lost her spending mood.
Timing is everything.
Soon..... soon.....

Tudorp
05-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Dang!
We just blew the budget on, of all things, flowers and shrubs for the yard.
My lovely wife lost her spending mood.
Timing is everything.
Soon..... soon.....

Ya got to know how to deliver it my friend. Tell her that it is a scientific fact that playing ukulele music soothes & stimulates flower and plant growth. Better than furtilizer.. ;) It's just the cost of good gardening.. hehheh

Tudorp
05-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Bump. All these are still available and ready to ship...

armytrucker77
05-31-2011, 05:21 AM
hey bro...good to see you again...im am looking at the T1 maple one...what can you tell me about it...im back on the road but freight been slow but the uke is looking mighty nice

Tudorp
05-31-2011, 05:38 AM
hey bro...good to see you again...im am looking at the T1 maple one...what can you tell me about it...im back on the road but freight been slow but the uke is looking mighty nice

Good to see you brother.. It is a nice one. I have two, but kept one myself for my personal collection. They sound very nice, and play very well. Gloss finish, sealed geared tuners with ebony buttons. solid curly maple top sides and back. Maple neck. Nice inlay, mother of pearl markers and side markers, abalone inlay on headstock. Headstock is veneered with rosewood. Rosewood fretboard, and bridge. Bone nut and saddle. Rosette is also inlaid abalone. NONE of the inlay and details are decals, it is all real inlay abalone and MOP. Action adjusted at 1mm at 1st fret, 2.5mm at 12th fret. Set up with fresh Aquilas (the new ones). Nice intonation, harmonics spot on at 12th. Binding on top and bottom. Hard case included. I have a sound sample on here somewhere. if you can't find it, let me know and I will re-post it.

armytrucker77
05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
very very tempting...may just have to do it..

NotsoGoodyet
06-02-2011, 05:44 AM
BUMP
But don't pick the funky 2T.
I'm saving up for it.
I have a soft spot for off-the-wall-one-of-all-kinds.

patico
06-02-2011, 01:36 PM
hi
do they have passive pickup ??

i'd like a tenor

thanx

skopji
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
First off Wow!

All of them are gorgeous and I found a sound file from someone else and they sound amazing. I'm looking to buy a new uke soon, upgrading from my first one (lanikai Lu-21p) and these all seem amazing.

I'm most interested in the 3T and 4T. The details are a great on both of them. What would you be charging for shipping and also could you just tell me a bit more about the ukes?

Thanks!

Tudorp
06-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I have not put pickups in any of these yet. But plan to in the future.

Skop. PM me your email address and I can send you details and more pictures on any of these you want info on. But the basic is they are all solid woods, mahogany, or Acacia, and a Maple. All work on them are actual inlaid Abalone and Mother of pearl. All are set up with great action and intonation. All have Aquilas. All these have sealed geared tuners. All these are tenors except the carved mahogany its concert. The 3T I have one in Mahogany, and one in Acacia. The 4T is Mahogany.

PM me your email address for more details.

Tudorp
06-04-2011, 04:58 AM
The model 4T mahogany in the 1st picture is tentatively sold. I have a verbal commitment and check is in the mail for that one. The rest of the other's are still available. For the record (no pressure intended on those interested) But the Model 2A (Acacia with the palm inlay) has two serious buyers for it, neither has yet made the commitment yet however. So, that one may be gone very soon as well. For the record, I will consider a "lay-a-way" type purchase for any of these. Thanks to all buying, and looking, because any of these ya'll will be pleased with.

kenikas
06-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Aloha Tudorp, that 1T maple is gorgeous! But I just don't seem to be playing my tenors as much lately, any like it in concert size?

Tudorp
06-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Aloha Tudorp, that 1T maple is gorgeous! But I just don't seem to be playing my tenors as much lately, any like it in concert size?

Maybe its because you dont have the "right" tenor.. lol. I didnt play tenor much either, but I have one of those maples just liek the one posted for myself, and love to play it. At this point, that is the only maple I have available.

Tudorp
06-06-2011, 03:32 AM
$269.95 w/ hard case

Top, solid spruce
Back and Sides, solid Mahogany
Abalone and Mother of Pearl, Abalone binding.
Bone nut and saddle, Adjustable bridge, floating fretboard. Thin profile body.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/5-2.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/4-1.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/For%20Sale%20Ukes/1-2.jpg

Tudorp
06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Bump up again... Want to move some of these out so I can bring more out.. ;)

Student-of-Life
06-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Hello Tudorp,
I'm interested in the Model 1C Concert Solid Mahogany.
Is it solid through out or just the top ?
What are the bridge, nut, saddle and finger board made from ?
Is the action nice and low?
How is the intonation ?
Is that a button on the bottom or a pickup ?
I noticed it does not have a label in the sound hole, is this uke made by the same luthier as the other ukes you have for sale?
Is the neck heavy or thin and wimpy ? I prefer a heavier neck.
Is there anything else you can tell me about this Uke ?
What is your return policy ?
Does it come with a case ?
Is this one of a kind or do you have others ?
What is the lowest price you will sell it for ?
Thanks

Tudorp
06-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Hello Tudorp,
I'm interested in the Model 1C Concert Solid Mahogany.
Is it solid through out or just the top ?
What are the bridge, nut, saddle and finger board made from ?
Is the action nice and low?
How is the intonation ?
Is that a button on the bottom or a pickup ?
I noticed it does not have a label in the sound hole, is this uke made by the same luthier as the other ukes you have for sale?
Is the neck heavy or thin and wimpy ? I prefer a heavier neck.
Is there anything else you can tell me about this Uke ?
What is your return policy ?
Does it come with a case ?
Is this one of a kind or do you have others ?
What is the lowest price you will sell it for ?
Thanks

That is a great uke, and my only Concert I have available. There is a sound sample somewhere around here for that one. It has crazy sustain, and awesome tone. Here are the answers to your specific question.

Solid Mahogany top, sides and bottom.
Nut and saddle, Bone.
Fingerboard: Rosewood.
Low action, just as I like them too. I set them about 1mm at 1st fret, and 2-2.5mm at the 12th.
Intonation is as near perfect as you can get. Harmonics is spot on at 12th fret.
That is a strap button, also bone, with a abalone dot inlay in the center.
The picture was taken before I added my 'DŁk" label. It is built by the same builder the rest are made from.
The neck is pretty much standard. Not too thick, not real thin. About average. It is maple.
Sealed geared tuners.
It comes with a hard case.
It is the only concert I have at the moment. It is not "one of a kind", but the builder does build them by hand, so no two are exactly alike. Between ukes the same model, there usually are pretty distinctive differences due to them being made by hand, and not machine cranked out.
The price it is on it, is a lowered price, and the lowest can go with this one. It is lowered from $249.95.

My return is per case. If it is simply seller's remorse, I am not as willing, depending on the case. If there is something not disclosed that was a problem, i will always take it back, if returned in same as sent condition. It is case by case. I am known for being VERY upfront and honest, so ask any and all questions you might have. If it is a problem due to abuse of the instrument, that is of course no return. I will work with anyone that buys my ukes to make them happy. But I also know you can never make everyone happy. In that case, i will simply do my best... Hope this helps. PM for more specifics..
Thanks for looking..

Student-of-Life
06-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Is this the same uke you're playing on youtube # P1040319.MOV ?

Tudorp
06-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes, that is this actual uke. To confirm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RZHp8GCkt4

Tudorp
06-12-2011, 10:47 AM
By the way, this week only, I have this, and a couple tenors if you want to consider a tenor that are lowered. After this week, they all will go back to $249.95. If one doesn't have the fund available, I do consider "lay-a-way" purchase with deposit commitment. The two tenors also on sale are in the marketplace too. I posted those today. They are in the following thread. http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?48482-TENORS-This-week-SPECIAL-SALE.

Tudorp
06-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Any of these ukes you can now opt for the electric option. Contact me for upgrade pricing.. So it is pretty exciting to now get to offer the DŁk/Wei Ecoustric Uke. Kinda cool...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24801&d=1308401824

KimosTherapy
06-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Hey Tudorp!

Howzit going Bruddah???!!!??? Hope you're doing well. What kind of pick up are you installing in your ukes?

Tudorp
06-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Hey Tudorp!

Howzit going Bruddah???!!!??? Hope you're doing well. What kind of pick up are you installing in your ukes?

It's a Piezo mounted in body, just behind the bridge slightly to the bass side. This is where they pick up the best of range in tone. The jack is a jack/strap button type. On the ukes with a traditional sound hole and body access it will not have the jack plate. The jack plate is used on the models I can not access the inner body through traditional means. I just put one in my personal one (pictured and what "was" the Ecoustric project thread. Its complete now, and sounds pretty dang good..

Tudorp
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
The 3T and the 4T from the top picture in this thread are now sold. The rest are still available, including the acacia 3T, and the archtop.

NotsoGoodyet
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Whoever got them has excellent taste!
If they sound as good as they look, you will have happy, happy, happy customers.

Tudorp
06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I have sold 4 to date since I started this venture, and all 4 are very happy with them. I hope to keep that track record. ;)

northzone
07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
ALOHA Tudorp,
I must say I am really impressed by your Ukes, so much character....
I have a pic of an Uke which I particularly fancy, wonder you have it ?26146

raecarter
07-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Tudorp hi I need a new uke 250usd is roughly 125 pounds which is an amazing price. Are they hand made? Really I need a pickup in mine though. What do you think postage to the uk would be?