Eddie Vedder Ukulele Article at NPR.org

Hey thanks for sharing! Sounds like he's going to make the music available too:

"I know for the vinyl version of the record there's going to be a real book included, with the music and the notation and whatever bizarre chords I've come up with — a legible version of the notebook I was creating all those years," he said. "I'm just encouraging people to turn off the TV and play these songs if you want. Some of them are really depressing. But have fun with it."

:music:Still hoping to score some tickets to his show in July here in Oakland @ the Paramount.:music:

Looking forward to the CD... the album version with the booklet sounds like CooL. :)

Seems like playing depressing songs on an ukulele would make it blow up in your hands.

I have now listened to this CD. While I have never been a big Pearl Jam fan (I'm to damn old), I really applaud Vedder's effort with this. I think he's playing a basic re-entrant tenor with a very unadorned mix, and he's able to sound really contemporary with it. Hat's off!

Listened to the album a couple times last night. The sparseness works really well for some of the tracks, but I think others could have benefited from throwing a little bass and some hand percussion into the mix. Overall though, it's a solid effort and Vedder shows off just how beautiful the ukulele truly sounds.

I like the idea of a rocker getting hold of an 'ukulele. But after listening to a bit I have to say I wasn't too impressed. It felt the same as a lot of things you see on YT. Not bad, but nothing really new.

I like the idea of a rocker getting hold of an 'ukulele. But after listening to a bit I have to say I wasn't too impressed. It felt the same as a lot of things you see on YT. Not bad, but nothing really new.

I felt the same way. I don't know much about him, and I wanted to like this record more than I did. I liked the standards best.

I'm a Seattle grunge scene and huge Pearl Jam fan from way back in their glory days so maybe I have a little man-crush on Eddie Vedder's growling voice (lol) making me a bias, but I quite like the album.

It's a stripped down solo ukulele album from a rocker, it was never going to be the next Jake Shimabukuro or anything overly mind blowing.

"I may be dreaming, but I'm longing to belong, to you..."

It's simple, understated and beautiful. :)

Top Bottom