Hawaiian Music @ Stern Grove

Kanaka916

Reaction score
Fo da Bay Area and NorCal folks, no foget dis weekend (Aug 10) da free concert at Stern Grove. Mo info can be found here. Oh, it's FREE! Featured musicians will be Na Leo, Ernie Cruz Jr (Ka'au Crater Boys), Kaukahi, One Right Turn (Imua Garza of Opihi Pickers).

Hmm, I might try to make it to that. I have to see what my wife has on the calendar.

this makes me sad... i gotta work on sun. i'm gonna be in sac on sat though for a fam party. shucks.

jeremy - i agree with russ! full report sir. you takin the fambam?

i wish i could make it. we have plans in the east bay that day. Jeremy, i expect a full report on monday morning. complete with a reenactment of every song. thanks in advance!:D

this makes me sad... i gotta work on sun. i'm gonna be in sac on sat though for a fam party. shucks.

jeremy - i agree with russ! full report sir. you takin the fambam?

Full report? Aw. man... I guess I'm "working" on Sunday, too. :(
Reenactment? That always reminds me of this clip. :D

I'll probably bring the family, but then they'll get bored and leave early...

Well, I'll wear my brown UU hoodie so if anyone goes, please say "hi"!

Full report? Aw. man... I guess I'm "working" on Sunday, too. :(
Reenactment? That always reminds me of this clip. :D

I'll probably bring the family, but then they'll get bored and leave early...

Well, I'll wear my brown UU hoodie so if anyone goes, please say "hi"!

No matter how hard I try, british humor is besides me...

If I was off, I'd say leave the j's at home and swoop me up! Sigh... oh well

I'm going to try to gob but for those who don't know Imua Garza is very talented and fun to watch on the Uke. Ive seen him preform on Oahu when he was with Opihi Pickers.

Check'um out...

So how was it?

Sorry, I've been busy with work to give you and Russ a "full report". ;)

It was a pretty good concert. The weather was about as perfect as I have ever seen and I even got a little sun burned. Here's a pic of the audience and you can see the blue sky:

picture.php

As you can see it was a full house with people sitting up in the trees and I got there about 45 minutes early. (The picnic tables were reserved so they were not full.)

As for the music... Well, it was awesome! I really liked Na Leo's medley of songs and a song called "You Don't Remember" or maybe it was "I Don't Remember"?? Kaukahi was pretty fun with some audience participation. One Right Turn and Ernie Cruz were also there.

Unfortunately, I sat too far away to take good pics of the musicians...

But... Here are some very nice pics from the Stern Grove Concert page:

Kaukahi:

dsc_0254.jpg

Na Leo:

dsc_0392.jpg

thanks for the report Jeremy!

wow, a sunny day in our part of town? that's great! wish we could have been there.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Stern Grove folks plan to put the concert on a CD for sale in the Fall. If I see it I'll be sure to post the info here.

JJ - Where were you sitting? I was to the left of the senior citizens on the grass. too bad. I had my red UU shirt. too bad we didn't run into each other. I had my uke too. anyways... catch u later.

Alden, I was way on the west side behind the last row of tables. I brought my uke, too... oh well, we got to get together again soon. PM me some time!

Top Bottom