Epiphone Les Paul Ukes

Did ya get any of the Ice Tea burst ones? Any pics? I wanna see one of those...

Did ya get any of the Ice Tea burst ones? Any pics? I wanna see one of those...

Not yet. According to Epiphone "they've never seen the Vintage Sunburst" versions. I told them about the photo you showed me, and then I got no response haha

I'd guess maybe this summer they'll release them...but no word yet.

lol.. Maybe they acidently released a top secret prototype picture, lol..

My order from SamAsh.com now says "Inventory Fulfilled" but they tell me I won't get it until July or maybe August!

Sorry too highjack but can you post that pic of the ice tea one please?

Sorry too highjack but can you post that pic of the ice tea one please?

It's actually Vintage Sunburst.
033111c.jpg

Iced Tea
901585_lg3.jpg

Vintage Sunburst
gibson-les-paul-classic-vintage-sunburst-1960-16380.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I called it the wrong one "ice Tea" at first. The Ice Tea is similar but much lighter if I remember (correct me if I am wrong). But the Vintage Sunburst, and the Ice Tea both really nice colors...

Has Epiphone responded to you point out the picture to them again yet? lol.. I think that is funny they told you that when this was "their" photo.. hahhah

what happened to the switch knob on that Iced Tea LP? I hope that isn't a commercial sales pic.. ;) details, details.. hehheh

Hmmm, I wonder if those Vintage Sunbursts will be out before my order fulfills. I like that color better.

And I would cancel my order and get one from you if only I had not just bought a new Koa ukulele. I can wait a bit, and maybe I might be able to get that vintage instead :)

Sam Ash in Glendale, Arizona just got the Les Paul uke in stock. I got the call yesterday. But, wouldn't you know it, I got tired of waiting and got one from Colorado Springs, Co. It's vintage burst. A real beauty. Definately made to be plugged in to an amp. Unfortunately, it does nothing to help in the cure of UAS.

Sam Ash in Glendale, Arizona just got the Les Paul uke in stock. I got the call yesterday. But, wouldn't you know it, I got tired of waiting and got one from Colorado Springs, Co. It's vintage burst. A real beauty. Definately made to be plugged in to an amp. Unfortunately, it does nothing to help in the cure of UAS.
So you got a Vinatage Burst one from Sam Ash in Colorado? I need to call them...

yes, but he was just showing that to show the difference in the two colors we were talking about.

I just got my Les Paul today...
...looks beautiful, very nice action.
Plugged-her-in .... massive amounts of HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM :(
I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back after the long wait, and wait longer for another. Any suggestions guys?
I know the problem is *not* my amp because my other 2 ukes and a cello don't hum when plugged in. When I touch the metal plate on the uke that surrounds where the plug goes in, the humm reduces a small bit.

Try stepping further away from your amp.

The Les Paul pickup might be a little more sensitive than the ones used on your other instruments.

I just got my Les Paul today...
...looks beautiful, very nice action.
Plugged-her-in .... massive amounts of HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM :(
I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back after the long wait, and wait longer for another. Any suggestions guys?
I know the problem is *not* my amp because my other 2 ukes and a cello don't hum when plugged in. When I touch the metal plate on the uke that surrounds where the plug goes in, the humm reduces a small bit.

Paul,

Just sent you a PM.

Maybe open the output jack, see if the ground wire came off in shipping. I played it for about 15 minutes before shipping it through a SWR California Blonde and it sounded great, no issues at all.

Aaron

Top Bottom