Kamaka Factory photos

Beautiful photos! the first three deserve an art exhibition.

Was just going to post these also. Great shots. Interesting that they also posted another message on their Facebook today about their strings- "Did you know that Kamaka strings are from D'Addario but custom made for Kamaka? Over the years we have tried numerous brands of strings on our ukes. We highly recommend our own strings for your Kamaka 'ukulele."

Love it-thanks!

Was just going to post these also. Great shots. Interesting that they also posted another message on their Facebook today about their strings- "Did you know that Kamaka strings are from D'Addario but custom made for Kamaka? Over the years we have tried numerous brands of strings on our ukes. We highly recommend our own strings for your Kamaka 'ukulele."

I saw that, and as I am *not* a fan of the Kamaka/D'Addario strings I was going to ask them to elaborate on that. But then I figured it would make me sound like a troublemaker, which wasn't my intention :)

Really great photos. Thanks for the link.

Thanks Janeray. I would love to talk to Sam for a few minutes. I bet he has some stories.

Thanks for posting those pictures...they were all great, I really enjoyed them!!!
Thanks again!!!

I'd love to take the factory tours at Kamaka and KoAloha - mostly because that would mean I was in Hawaii and I haven't been there since I was in second grade!

:)

I'd love to take the factory tours at Kamaka and KoAloha - mostly because that would mean I was in Hawaii and I haven't been there since I was in second grade!

:)

Hey, you never know when it might happen :)

I hadn't been back to Hawaii since high school - over 30 years ago! Somehow I managed to get myself there earlier this year, and now I can hardly wait to go back.

Hey, you never know when it might happen :)

I hadn't been back to Hawaii since high school - over 30 years ago! Somehow I managed to get myself there earlier this year, and now I can hardly wait to go back.

Actually, I'm in a situation where I work from home and I can pretty much work anywhere there is broadband internet. Right now I can't afford it, but in a couple of years, assuming no major financial catastrophes, I should be in a place where I can afford to move to Hawaii and rent a small apartment for a year or so. The only problem is I'm not sure I'll be able to drag my wife away from the grand kiddies so my dream might not work out.

John

The comment about building guitars was really interesting. Martin stayed afloat at the time of the ukulele boom by producing as many as 13,000 ukes in a year. It kept Martin Guitar Company alive when otherwise, they would have gone belly-up.

Top Bottom