Tenor solid mahogany between $400 - $500?

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hi UU friends,
My younger brother is looking for a tenor ukulele mahogany now that he has infected my UAS. Anyway, I am helping to reduce symptoms in the worst way ...hehe

He has $ 500, and we're seeing these models:

- Pono-MDT (many videos)
- Mele, Solid Mahogany (any video! someone has one?)
- Tenor Ukulele mahogany-MP (he has one on his website, but do not know if it sends to buyers outside the USA)
- Nue-Anue Khaya Mahogany Tenor III (just some videos)
- Loprinzi-Model A Mahogany Tenor (idem)

Some other model? He seeks a ukulele LOUD...

Thanks!

Hi UU friends,
My younger brother is looking for a tenor ukulele mahogany now that he has infected my UAS. Anyway, I am helping to reduce symptoms in the worst way ...hehe

He has $ 500, and we're seeing these models:

- Pono-MDT (many videos)
- Mele, Solid Mahogany (any video! someone has one?)
- Tenor Ukulele mahogany-MP (he has one on his website, but do not know if it sends to buyers outside the USA)
- Nue-Anue Khaya Mahogany Tenor III (just some videos)
- Loprinzi-Model A Mahogany Tenor (idem)

Some other model? He seeks a ukulele LOUD...

Thanks!

here is me and my nephew playing. I am using a Mele 6 string mahogany tenor (I can't sing btw)

If you decide to go with Mele, tell them that haolejohn sent you (you won't regret it).

Another suggestion is a Sailor brand Ukulele from UkeRepublic.

idk you might call uke republic on those sailor ukes. Hamano makes a tenor too. I would check out a Kala acacia Tenor too.

Mike Pereira has a solid mahogany tenor for sale ($450 +shipping)

I'd get that one. He's got sound clips too.

I love the Kala Solid Mahogany Tenor. Great sound clip at Hawaiianmusicsupply....great package with great case. Love that tortoise binding, all for $299 including an amazing set up.

I have a MP concert, and it's awesome sound and projection....if you give him a call, tell him Stan said hi.....thanks..

Last edited:
I can hook you both up with a solid mahogany tenor and stay in budget for one.. PM if interested.

actually tudorps ukes sound pretty wonderful... I hope you (tudorp) can get that brand sorta standardized and be something folks can feel like they can trust etc. I myself don't need the glitz. I can see how some guy in SE asia might think Americans like that crap but if he'd focus on simple and tone and quality like martin for example... I think you'd have a winner.

Thanks, and yep, as soon as we move forward with the ukes specific to my shop, they will be much more standardized to my specs, and more subtle with the bling.

Top Bottom