My mom and dad prefer the Tenor sound

Maiyah888

Reaction score
Happy to report that the Low G LightBlueBurst Makala Tenor Uke that I bought from MGM arrived yesterday (along w/ the Blue Metal Soprano Dolphin for 2nd nephew)!

And mom (who thinks soprano ukes sound "tinny") LOVES the sound. And so does dad!

So I can practice in the living room now!

It sounds AWESOME.

*wonders if she should sell the banjo ukulele and the guitar now*

Hi Maiyah

Awesome. sounds like you guys'll be doing some family jammin!

Not surprised your mom likes the tenor sound...he he...but I thought your dad might have been a bass man (no wonder he digs the Low G)... :)

Congrats on your new Makala Tenor!

Aloha Maiyah888,
Congratulation on the two new ukes...I guess I know how it will be sounding around your house now...and alot of fun family memories..Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Please pardon my ignorance as I am new to the uke world, but who is MGM? I have tried to find it through a search and all of the links wind up dead. From what I read they sell ukes and do a fine job at setting them up.

musicguymic (MGM) he sells ukuleles used to on ebay but still does if you contact him directly. I havnt done buusiness with him but everyone has nothing but great things to say about him. Apparently if you want a K brand uke he is the man to speak to.

Hi Maiyah

Awesome. sounds like you guys'll be doing some family jammin!

Not surprised your mom likes the tenor sound...he he...but I thought your dad might have been a bass man (no wonder he digs the Low G)... :)

Congrats on your new Makala Tenor!

Thanks eugene for the video!

Neither of the folks are interested in playing -- arthritis issues. But they love singing along when 1st nephew strums his Makala dolphin. 2nd nephew is a bit rowdy, but I think he'll be okay with the uke once we have a talk about treating it nicely or mom and dad will put it in time out!

Aloha Maiyah888,
Congratulation on the two new ukes...I guess I know how it will be sounding around your house now...and alot of fun family memories..Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Thanks Stan -- I have a cute video of Dad singing Amazing Grace to 1st nephew strumming, just haven't put it up yet.

I too love the sound of the tenor ukulele! I prefer the depth of the tenor's tone over the light-bounciness (IMHO) of the soprano size.

I like both--I especially like how much easier it is to play my soprano once I've been playing the tenor. I feel so talented, b/c the chords are much easier to reach!

Top Bottom