New Lego Ukulele

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Ross Crawford built an ukulele entirely out of lego bricks. So cool!

Check it out.

d46fo.jpg

Detail:
jRtXy.jpg

Sound sample at the link. It sounds pretty good!

Last edited:
Wow! How awesome! Doesn't sound too bad either. Thanks for the post seeso. :)

That is all sorts of awesome and actually sounds pretty good!

Aloha Seeso,
Looks awesome...wonder what makes the tension of the neck stay straight??? has that coolness factor..Thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Aloha Seeso,
Looks awesome...wonder what makes the tension of the neck stay straight??? has that coolness factor..Thanks for sharing..MM Stan

From the site:

Strength. This model has to be able to withstand the tension of 4 fairly tight strings without exploding. I ended up using a pre-stressed Technic rod up the middle of the neck, which allowed the head to be securely attached to the body, and it works really well. The body (briefly described above) ended up being very strong, but I had to use a saddle attached to the lower end to get enough strength – the saddle I originally designed was attached to the front, and was only able to tune the top string to about B. The final design allowed me to tune it to D (still way short of a real uke, but good enough for me).

I was a major Lego maniac when I was a kid. Aww, who am I kidding, I still am. When I was in 7th grade, I did a school report about Legos and mentioned that I was really excited because I had learned that they were going to build a Legoland in California in the far-off time of 1999. I think it was 1979 or 1980 when I wrote the report.

Anyway, this far surpasses anything I ever built. Really nice work!

Does anyone know if the top is solid Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene?

It looks like a laminate to me.

John

Top Bottom