MGM is no more! Where else to get a quality set-up uke?

TwinklieD

Reaction score
As a novel uke enthusiast and fan of online researching looking for my next purchase, I was only too excited to check out musicguymic after reading amazing recommendations...only to find that he no longer sells ukes anymore! I think it might be for health reasons and I'm sad on many levels.

While the uke community and I send positive vibes towards HI in the general direction of MGM, in the meantime I implore to the UU community - do you have any other recommendations for an online distributor of guaranteed, set-up and quality instruments for purchase?

Many thanks!

Mim, Uke Republic, Hawaii Music Supply, Mainland, and of coarse the UU store (Ukulele Uprising). I'm sure there are others but I've been flying for several hours and can't come up with any right now.

Last edited:
Mim and Uke Republic are both great - and great people, too.

I get great service from Andrew at Hawaii Music Supply. I have bought a lot of high end instruments over the past 30 years and Hawaii Music Supply ranks near the top in service, responsiveness, quality of products and price/value.

The thread title is a little creepy. While MGM's eBay store is gone, MGM the person is not "no more." As for buying ukuleles with MGM's eBay store gone, the suggestions given so far, including calling MGM, are good ones.

The correct number is by the way 808-927-7297 the 261 was the i phgone i tried to replace the old blackberry that broke with and it was so hard t\o use ffor my lack of brai....actuallly it only had touch screen and i just can tuse one welll yet..... i exchanged it next day ro a droid pro touch and keyboard thus the number change see how great i type as for the setup question a I do know for a fact that one mentioned does completely setup their ukes, wheathewr it is a full setup one never knows I remeber a bif closeout dealer who cut and patsed my 4 point setup but i really doubt they really did one time ourself removing strings fret leveling and checkinf fret ends recrowning r then polishing the frets adjusting saddle and nut especially if you dont have th right machinery and specialized tools restringing for a 35.00 makala and if you really want to do that.....I dont make much money off of low end ukes becausae of that labor time. It is one of the decisions to downsize IT WAS COMING TO A POINT WHEN WE SETUP 40 MAKALAS A DAY PAYROLL WAS MORE THAN THE PROFIT FOR THE MAKALAS. AS FOR SELLING UKES YES I STILL DO BUT ON A PICK AND CHOSE BASIS ESPECIALLY FOR MY REGULARS EVEN IF IT IS A DOLPHIN MAKALA UNTIL I CAN GET HEALTHIER (if i do not only when) AND FINISH TRAINING SOME NEW WORKERS...I AM AT LEAST WORKING ON A TEMPORARY WEBSITE SO YOU CAN CONTACT ME AND THERE IS ALSO TWO EBAY SELLERS WHO BOUGHT SOME OF MY STOCK AND IS SELLING PRE SETUP BY ME OR MY TRAINEES UKES

Last edited:
Top Bottom