Jumped down an octave

Mattie

Reaction score
I'm having so many issues about tuning. The other thread was about my tenor, and this thread is about my Soprano which I've had for a year-ish.

So I bought new strings for my Soprano and decided to string it up because a long while ago my G string snapped while tuning it up a step and eventually I threw away the rest of the strings (bad idea, I know that now) and now about a couple months later I decided to restring it. Now I was tuning up the A string and according to my tuner I was at the G note before the peg loosened up and the string went down back to a low A.

Ugh so many issues.

Yep, your uke has dried out over the long winter months and the peghead is now thinner than it used to be. To compensate, you'll have to tighten the screw on the very end of the tuner. You'll also find that the strings will take some time to stretch and settle into their tuning, so be patient. And before you go any further try to find the sharp edge that caused your string to break, otherwise you'll be buying another new set soon....This may seem like a big hassle, but it's all part of owning an instrument and taking care of it. Some of us come to love it. I'm almost due for a Great String Changing Day!

Top Bottom