clip on tuner

kevsumac

Reaction score
I have a tuner that clips on the headstock of my acoustic guitar. Will this tuner work on my ukulele?

I have an Ibanez tuner that I bought for my guitar, and it works fine on my ukulele. A 440A is the same no matter where it comes from. I wish I had one a little smaller, though.

some tuners have a setting for chromatic, all notes, not a specific set for guitar, uke, etc.
Make sure you have it set on A440 and chromatic.

I have a tuner that clips on the headstock of my acoustic guitar. Will this tuner work on my ukulele?

If you don't have one that's specifically set up to handle a uke, most will have a chromatic setting that can do each individual note. So you just set it for G, C, E and A and do those strings.

As the others have said, it will work fine. However, if it's something like the first generation Intellitouch that I have had for years it is large and heavy enough to leave a soprano uke very poorly balanced. No big deal, you can take it off the headstock after tuning, but then you have to find a place to put it and mine is too large to fit in the pocket of most soprano cases.

So, that was a good excuse to get a smaller one...or three...or four.

John

Top Bottom