lack of patience + implusiveness = new ukulele

kevsumac

Reaction score
Just joined this website because I ordered a uke and am going to start learning. Starting tomorrow I have a 4 day weekend thanks to Memorial day and a scheduled vacation day. I was really looking forward to strumming on my new uke over the long weekend but it will not ship until June 1st. So I just drop in Guitar Center and buy an Epiphone Les Paul uke today! Guess I'll have 2. :p

LOL! Instant UAS

Aloha Kevsumac,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the Ukulele...congrats you have just joined our UAS club...ha ha Have fun with you two new ukes...congrats again...Google Musicteacher 2010 and
Keonepax for awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for beginning songs, chords and instructions..Happy Stummings...MM Stan

Welcome to the vortex.
Hope the fingertips on your left hand hold up.
I couldn't practice as much as I wanted to until the calluses built up.

I'm just about to begin learning too. But, I have a soprano that is currently at the local guitar repair shop getting rejuvinated. The back was coming off, and I'm pretty sure the strings were put on wrong. I've had it for many years, but until I got interested in learning to play, it has been a wall decoration. I don't think it is a very good instrument, and I'll be getting something better soon, but must first figure out what to get.

In the meantime, I've been thinking of going to Toys R Us and getting a Spongebob just to play over the weekend!

Mike

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've got UAS to go with my pre-existing GAS. I'm loving that little box-o-sound :D

Welcome to UU! Hope you're having a great weekend with that Uke and the new one when it arrives! I recommend Bootcamp, it's what got me going when I first started and still use the methods now! I also recommend "The Daily Ukulele" songbook, I post a new song everyday (it's done at random) and if you want to join in, you're more than welcome. Just right now it's not everyday because I have an exam in just over 2 weeks and have revision to do as well as other uni work!

Anyway, enjoy your Ukes! And this little slice of paradise called UU!

Top Bottom