Hard Fall (original) - first draft

Craig Chee

Reaction score
A friend thought it would be interesting for me to show first drafts of songs to compare to when I finish them. This song is about 4 hours old and I'm not sure how much of it will stay... I'm already thinking of a slightly different melody. Hope you enjoy! Any ideas are welcome :)
Aloha,
Craig

V1:
Stay away before I Fall
Between your arms
With nothing else to complicate
There should be more to contemplate

V2:
But I-
Give in to your demands
Cross the swaying bridge
Snatch the gold then flip the switch

Chorus:
And I-
Want to smile
And I-
Do. with. you.

V3:
Make way before I trip
Head over heels
Spinning round and round
I don't know if I'll touch the ground again

*update* added a quick break down of the triplets:

Last edited:
I thought it was really great lol.. I wish I had your voice :/

Thank you! Songwriting is still fairly new to me (started to dabble with it just a few years ago) and I've been trying to experiment a lot with both vocal and uke melody runs. I think I'll update in a few days with how the song has progressed already!

oh, also, the best advice I got about singing, was to lie on my back, stack a bunch of text books on my stomach, practice breathing by making the whole stack move up and down. Could do it while watching tv or reading a book, and try to imitate that feeling of breathing when you sing... it really helped me!

Oh man, you're having way to much fun! Have to agree with uke4ia - those triplet runs make me drool.

BTW, are you sponsored by Fosters or just really like the brew? LOL

John

Sounds really nice Craig. Thanks for the tip about breathing/singing, although I suspect your secret must have something to do with the size of the Fosters Lager bottle you have there. It does wonders for removing inhibitions. :) seriously though, it sounds great.

*stands up* CLAPS!!!!

*walks to fridge to look for Fosters* :)

Awesome!!!

Hahaha! Thanks guys, I borrowed the huge Fosters bottle because I wanted to do a few photos with before I head down to the Cairns Ukulele Festival... so stoked! Already have some great ideas for harmonies and will update with ver2 soon :)

*edit - if anyone is interested, i can post some great exercises to work on those triplets (WAY easier than it looks/sounds). let me know!

Last edited:
I like that. Thanks. It had sounded like you were fingerpicking every note in the triplets. I didn't think the pull-offs would sound that loud, until I pulled out my uke and tried it.

Top Bottom