And then there were two (new uke day)

NatalieS

Reaction score
My concert Kamaka is here! She's joining her little sister, the pineapple. (I never call my ukes "she" but I swear these two are sisters already). ;)

I am so happy with this uke. I'm struck by how red it is compared to my pineapple, and it's just a beauty in all respects. It sounds amazing too, much better than my pineapple for some reason. (Maybe I need to consider other strings on the pineapple to bring out its best.) Both ukes are strung with Fremont Blacklines, and I've got a low G on the concert. It just *sings*.

Thank you for the uke, Landshark! I'm very happy with it. :)

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Congratulations on the new Kamaka! They're both beautiful! I'd love to hear a sound sample of a Kamaka concert with a low G string.

It looks wonderful, congrats. And I still think that is the most delicious looking pineapple I have ever seen! ;)

Congratulations Natalie. I am so happy for you! they are both gorgeous!

Thank you! I'm playing the two side by side and realizing what unique, DIFFERENT voices they have! I love it! I will try to do a comparison video of the two but it might be a few days.

That is one one of the best looking couples that I've ever seen! Congrats.

It looks wonderful, congrats. And I still think that is the most delicious looking pineapple I have ever seen! ;)

Agreed! That pineapple is so pretty with the different shades of the wood.

Aw thanks. :) Yeah the pineapple is very near and dear to me... it's such a cutie. But here I am sitting on the couch playing the concert and it almost makes me want to cry, it sounds so good.

Ever have that feeling, when you find a uke you just know you're going to have your entire life? I've only had that feeling twice, but it happened tonight and it's a fantastic feeling. :)

Aloha NatalieS, Congratulations. Beautiful pineapple & concert Kamaka !!!

*happy for all three of you!*

I am thrilled, that Kamaka concert deserved a home where it would be played often and cherished for life.
Natalie you made my day as well. Enjoy your uke family.

Aloha Natalie,
Congratulations ...it looks awesome...I can see and love the orange stridations ....what a beauties...I guess it runs in your family..Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings Girl, Mahalo for sharing, MM Stan

Aw thanks. :) Yeah the pineapple is very near and dear to me... it's such a cutie. But here I am sitting on the couch playing the concert and it almost makes me want to cry, it sounds so good.

I can relate. I bought a Kamaka concert in Palo Alto a week or so before Landshark posted his for sale. I didn't expect this, but my concert has wrestled significant time away from my Kamaka tenor! They do have very sweet voices. I look forward to seeing you compare your concert with your pineapple. I'm sure they both sound wonderful.

Gorgeous ukes! I love the look of your pineapple, seeing it really made me even more anxious to get mine back from Kamaka! And the pic's of your concert are causing my UAS to flare up again.

Congratulations on you New Uke Day! They both look marvelous!

Top Bottom