Man of mystery

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha fellow UUers,
While on vacation in Honolulu, Hawaii, I had the honor of meeting none other than the Man of Mystery himself, mmStan.
Here on the forum, he IS the KAMAKA expert and he closely guards his personal uke collection. I surveyed the collection as best possible, lost count but estimate about 75? All sorts of brands, from entry level to high end. Played a few of them and had a great time with Stan. Got hungry, so my Fiance and I took him out to lunch at an upscale Japanese Buffet restauraunt.
Managed to get one photo of him and I with me holding a uke which I forgot the brand name but of the higher price range.
Will be there again in July and will attempt a more accurate count as well as brand numbers. Being a Kamaka man, he does have a large assortment of them.
Although I respect his privacy, I'll try to be as sneaky as possible.
I hope he does'nt read this post.....fat chance of that.
Mahalo Stan, see you soon!..................BO..............

Wow! You got to see Stan's ukulele collection and meet the man himself. It must have been like finding the Holy Grail and meeting the Great and Powerful Oz at the same time! I'm envious.

Awesome Bo. Heard rumours of this and understood you were on a covert operation to expose the great man's uke stash. I know you won't publicly reveal any more details, lest the CIA get wind of it...but Bruddah you can share them with me. I don't have no friends and no influences and such photographic images, if passed on to me at the ass end of the world would be as safe as burning them in a bonfire.

So, where is the pic of Stan??????? :cool::cool::cool:

Wow! I've only spoken to Stan, would love to go meet him one day! And play all his Ukes! You'll have to keep us informed of the progress of your secret mission!

And yes, I also wanna see the photo!

Brah, I believe you . . . . . BUT

withoutpics.gif

C'mon Stan...normally I got your back Bruddah but na not dis time...pics pics pics pics pics pics your time is up man...no more international man of mystery for you Bruddah....we have people everywhere and da call is out. C'mon mate...off wit dem dark glasses.. he he :cool::cool::cool:

He might just be.....The living legend. Jake, Shimabukuro.

oh man, now my head is seriously spinning...you don't mean...THE JS do you Lexxy? This is like writing a script for the next Sherlock Holmes thriller....

how we goin so far bbgribs and Lexxy? We got him as a fictionalised computer generated forum personality called Jake Shimabukuro...I think we're doin OK...shucks Bo, where Dem pics????????? :eek:

Bo did send me one pic he got of the man! He didn't swear me to secrecy so .. here ya go

elvis_ukulele.jpg

Bo did send me one pic he got of the man! He didn't swear me to secrecy so .. here ya go

elvis_ukulele.jpg

oooooohhh ho ho now you're really talkin Susie...funny he sent me a pic too...didn't look like Him though...more like

harry haida_tmp.jpg (click:cool:)

THIS!!! :)

Hey everyone...in lieu of not having a picture of Stan yet, why don't we all post our pics of him in this thread, til Bo comes through with the cookies....

I volunteer to work with Bo to unveil the International Man of Mystery. I have the equipment to document his collection and I am sure I can gain access to his dwelling. However I will need donations to fund the expedition. You can pm me for information on how to send the funds to me. Checks, money orders, paypal and cash are all accepted.

Oh pleaze! Everyone knows, that MMStan and Deach are one and the same person. At least I never saw them together in one room at the same time...

Top Bottom