I further mutilate my uke

ConspiracyUkeist

Reaction score
I have my uke hanging off of a hook that *someone* put up here (this old trailer's had a number of denizens, most of them human, few possums etc too, over the years) and at first I was using a loop of blind cord that went around two of the tuners but it was a bit clumsy and took two hands to hang up and often to take down too.

So, I got some little stainless steel wood screws, drilled two holes in line with the innermost screws on the tuners and a bit above 'em, into the back. I countersunk the holes, and then took an X-acto knife (OK well really I used my big ol' Stanley) and cut little "channels" off of the sides of the holes at the tops. Then I took a short length of blind cord, stuck one end down one hold, and screwed the screw in. Took the other end and did the same. Now I have a very neatly installed little loop that makes is a jiffy to put the uke "up" or take it down for a bit of practice.

Living in a place like this is almost like living on a sailboat, I have to come up with clever ways to store stuff but still be able to get at it. But, the average person, while they are not under so much of a space constraint, they are under a "time and convenience" constraint. If it isn't pretty easy to do, they're not going to do it! This loop method, if you don't mind putting holes in your headstock, can work. So can getting one of those flat-bottom Flukes that can stand up on your desk, getting a fancy uke stand or wall-mount that holds a uke, etc. A uke stand can get rather expensive, other solutions are free, but they're all cheap for the price if they make it easy for you to get practice in.

That is the best recent thread name! And sounds like an elegant solution to your problem, as well.

I'm glad you guys like it, no sorry no photos, I'm lucky to be on the 'net at all ..... give it a few more year's we'll all be staring at green screens and editing with vi.

Top Bottom