O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing (Traditional Hymn w/tab)

cb56

Reaction score
I decided to do a simple arrangement of this old Charles Wesley hymn.
Hope you like it.
Tab available for those interested. Link for tab.
btw, all my arrangements are easy. They have to be in order for me to play them.
Enjoy.

It's beautiful, cb56. Love that song.

I'm a beginner and that is the style that I'm working at being able to play within a few months. You do make it look easy. :)

Thanks 8 and sunny. Feel free to check out the tab. btw it took about 10 takes to get it right. :eek:

Great job, man. I really like that style, I do a few Christmas carols that way, maybe because I figure it's the closest I'll ever come to "fingerstyle."

John

That was wonderful. My father is a Methodist minister, and I grew up on Charles Wesley hymns. And, if you're a Methodist, that is THE Charles Wesley hymn! It's the very first thing in the hymnal.
Nice job. I'm going to try to work on that myself.

That was wonderful. My father is a Methodist minister, and I grew up on Charles Wesley hymns. And, if you're a Methodist, that is THE Charles Wesley hymn! It's the very first thing in the hymnal.
Nice job. I'm going to try to work on that myself.

Thanks Chris, I did go to a Methodist church for a few years with my wife. So that's probably why that song is stuck in my head.

We got back from vacation yesterday, so I just printed out the tab.

So now I have a project to work on this evening.

Thanks! :)

I thought I had commented already but apparently I hadn't. I love this piece. You did a superb job.

Thanks again folks. And thanks for printing the tab sonny one, kinda makes me feel like I'm able to give back to the uke community.

Thanks CB56 for another great hymn. I appreciate these hymns you've been posting. I've been looking for good fingerstyle hymns and these are right about at my level of play.

Thanks CB56 for another great hymn. I appreciate these hymns you've been posting. I've been looking for good fingerstyle hymns and these are right about at my level of play.
Thanks, glad I can share with folks. This place is great. We can all grow and progress our skills together.
Beautiful! I love that hymn too.

Thank you.

Top Bottom