Beansprout baritone for sale or trade

ichadwick

Reaction score
I've never quite warmed up to this handmade Beansprout baritone. It has medium action and a somewhat thicker neck than I like. The sound is not as loud as I prefer with baris. I could fix the action by sanding down the saddle, and even get the neck shaved by a luthier, but I'd rather sell/trade it and move on. (I prefer really low action, this is medium).

The original owner added a passive pickup, which helps it sound much better amplified, but also repaired a tiny crack on the back somewhat sloppily. Doesn't show or affect the sound, however.

I paid $500 plus shipping for this instrument handmade by Aaron Keim of Beansprout (the original owner paid $600, as I recall). It's made from antique mahogany. It's signed and numbered inside. I added fretboard stickers. It also came strung GCEA, but I changed it to re-entrant DGBE. (If I still have the set of C strings I'll include them).

I am interested in selling it or trading it for another baritone or short-scale bass guitar (or a Beaver Creek travel bass).

I would like to get $350 plus shipping, but am open to offers and of course trades in full or in part. A good price for a handmade instrument by a respectable builder.
beansprout_03.jpg

beansprout_09.jpg

Review and more pics here: www.ianchadwick.com/ukuleles/beansprout.htm
beansprout_12.jpg

Top Bottom