seeking opinions on ukulele chart construction

wolfybau

Reaction score
I've been looking for a nice uke chart but havent found one I like yet, and havent found what I want so have been contemplating designing one myself.

would anyone else be interested in something like this?

if so what would you like to see on it?

and what format would you like to see it in? a large wall chart? or as a binder book insert perhaps? would laminating be feature you would want? Or prefer flat paper or card style?

and about what price would you pay for it?

What exactly are you looking for in a chord chart? There are dozens available and for free. Check UU's Ukulele Resource Thread, there are several there that are really functional IMO.

I'd never pay for a chord chart; there are too many great ones available free on the interwebs, including my personal favorites. ;)

thanks for the responses and the opinions

I am refering to something like this, a nice decorative chart for the wall, with the fret board, and note and tab legend on it etc, was what i was wanting.

http://images.allposters.com/images/122/019_1952.jpg

I guess being a teacher , I like having something like that, im teaching my daughter and I'd like a nice book insert too myself, something durable to be used for reference. It's something I would like to have so i thought mabee others would too. It would be nice for kids too , to have somethig more colorful and interesting to learn from. Instead just a bland plain downloadable chord chart without any graphics or note reference on it.

i guess if there is realy no interest in this i will just try and produce a few for myself.

Well, see, that's more like wall art than a really useful chart. Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, I'd be more inclined to buy it as wall art. For a useful chart, though I think most people want something very clear and uncluttered. When I'm working on a song and I encounter a new chord I don't want to have to search for it amongst a bunch of pretty stuff. :)

John

Oldephart TY for the link to the circle of 5ths I knew it had to be out there and I forgot the name of it. My music is so rusty after so long a lay of and this helps so much with transposing and the basics. It is now on my computer desktop and its so much easier than doing the whole scale every time I wanna shift keys tytyty.

Oldephart TY for the link to the circle of 5ths I knew it had to be out there and I forgot the name of it. My music is so rusty after so long a lay of and this helps so much with transposing and the basics. It is now on my computer desktop and its so much easier than doing the whole scale every time I wanna shift keys tytyty.

Uhh, don't want to claim credit for what somebody else did - I don't remember linking to a circle of fifths, though I know there are quite a few out there. Might have been somebody else. :) My link was to some charts I made up for each key and one of movable chords. Oh, unless you're talking about the box-patterns chart. That's not technically a circle of fifths, either, though. Still one of the most useful pieces of information to have if you want to play rhythm uke in "pick up" situations, though.

Keep strummin that thang!

John

I've done loads for free including inversions 6ths and 7ths and left handers. Anyone want them then send me a private message with an email address

Oh my your right it was Kanaka's link that led there, this board has such a wealth of knowkedge! so TY kanaka

Top Bottom