Fluke with B-Band sound samples?

harpdog cc

Reaction score
Anyone have a recording of a Fluke with B-Band installed, recorded direct from pickup? I'd like to hear it. Thinking of adding a pickup to mine. I already know and like the K & K pickup, but want to evaluate the sound of the B-Band before I commit.
Thanks

Just my .02... A B-Band after the install is going to be more than half the price of your Fluke (give or take).

When I had my second uke (a Hula Ukes tenor), I was wanting to get a pickup put in. The guy at the music store recommended I wait and get some more experience/better 'ukulele. He could have just let me go and had the extra sale, but he didn't. I came to realize how right he was. At the time a pickup would have just been a toy. After a year or two I had learned so much and I finally saved up and bought a Kamaka and had a pickup put in. Then I had a use for it and an 'ukulele that I would be staying with for a while (that was like 4 years ago).

I'm not saying your fluke is bad, I've heard great things about them, but you might consider saving your money until you have a higher end uke to put the pickup in. If you are determined, then you are on the right track. Better to do too much homework than not enough.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Good advice, and thanks.
I've been using a soprano Flea (K&K pickup) at shows, but I'm more comfortable with the concert Fluke.
I sometimes play in environments that make me worry about higher end instruments. I want this little tank at my shows.

Last edited:
I used to have a Flea with the Bband pickup.

While it was certainly the most expensive pickup I've had installed in a uke, it was not the best.
It sounded somewhat OK, though it had a loud feedback on my Roland Microcube. It would probably be quiet in an acoustic amp or PA system (I'm guessing).

But the worst feature for me was where the battery compartment is kept. It's inside the uke in a holster that you have to access through the soundhole.
Since they come with those crappy "Heavy Duty" batteries, I wanted to change it to an Alkaline straight away. Changing the battery is a real chore.

Might be better getting the KK..

My fluke came with the b-band installed, but I have only plugged it in to Fitncrafty's Honeytone amp once. I don't have a way of recording directly to the computer with it, so I can't really tell you a whole lot. When I had it in the Honeytone, it sounded exactly like the Fluke, only louder, if that helps.

-Kurt

Top Bottom