KoAloha D'VI!!! Butterflies (original uke piece)

casarole45

Reaction score
Hey UU'ers, long time no speaky :)

I've finally got round to finish writting and uploading a piece on my KoAloha D'VI. I felt like I was playing piano or something, its such a beautiful tone.

Enjoy... and remember to click 1080 HD if you have the bandwidth :)

great song, that KoAloha looks sweet!

Those three bass strings really round out the sound on the KoAloha. I think I'm finding that I prefer my Tenor KoAlohas in low g.

awesome song!... keep it up!

That was beautiful. What a lovely tone.

That is a great sounding instrument and fine playing, thank you! Tell me, was it easy to adapt to the plastic fingerpicks?

In my hunt for a quality guitarlele I was on the cusp of buying the D'VI and was offered one for a nice price, they do sound fabulous. In the end though, and at great expense to myself I went for the Kanilea GL6 because the fretboard looked so awesome. I'm getting to grips with it now and hope to get some vids out soon.

Ken

Thanks guys.

As for the fingerpicks Ken, it took me about 2 weeks of fumbling about the fretboard with them, it kind of felt like I was relearning my right hand, but now no problems. I've not really tried but they may inhibit things like 5 finger rolls. Finger tapping seems possible but a bit more tricky. So stick with em and you get used to it. Another bonus of them is it totally changes the sound of the instrument, I sometimes use them on my Kanile'a, without them I get a really mellow coloured tone, with them I get a plainer but crisper brighter tone, so you can change the mood of the instrument which is great, it's like having two alternate sounding instruments.

Actually I'm pretty sure I saw that one, was it around January? Photos of it layed down on a cream coloured carpet? Have to say I was really tempted, but the offer came from Noel Tardy of Uke Lady Music when I inquired about the GL6. In the end the price difference wasn't great enough so I got the GL6 and paid in two installments around 2.5 months apart which made it a lot easier. Glad you've found a future with your D'VI, I thought it might be like that with the picks but now you've acquired a whole new technique, nice one!

You make your DVI sounds very nice!!! I have a whole collection and I have to say that I'm an guitarlelel junky!!!! My fav one is still the GL6 from Kanilea....

By the way, I own a DVI, GL6, Yamaha guitarlele, Mele guiatarlele, custom Dave Sigman guitarlele and Donald Davidson archtop guitarlele....did I say that I'm a gutarlele junky??!!!! hahahahah!!! :)

Yeah around January time thats the one :)

Lol fumanshu, that is quite a collection of guitalele's, they do sound lush though, in my eyes... I mean ears they sound so much better than say classical guitars which is part of the reason I got into the uke. Classical guitars just sound dull and thuddy to my ears, guitalele's sound light but can still perform in the same way.

Top Bottom