Loving my KoAloha DVI

casarole45

Reaction score
Hey dudes, just had to say I am now loving my DVI I bought off WhenDogsSing.

When I first got it I couldn't quite work out what to do with it and ended up putting it up for sale. Whilst it was up I took it on holiday with me and wow its just what I needed, I totally fell into the instrument and found its groove. It is now one of my main sticks.

I did find to get the right sound out of it though took some experimenting, there was a tiny bit of fret buzz but I sorted that out by ditching the old strings and re-ordering a higher saddle (prefer to get the highest available as people always put em to darn low :) ). Tried the La Bella flamenco strings which are black trebles. I think they are stock now on DVI's but had to say the trebles really sucked the life out of any thing played on them, so I went to D'addario Pro Arte lights and they seem the perfect match. I also found playing with just the finger pads didn't really give that greater sound so I'm now using Fred Kelly plastic finger picks. In all it gives it this crystal clear tone that makes me feel like I'm playing a piano or something it sounds stunning.

Anyways just thought I'd share :) , if your interested I've put up a vid of it in the uke video's section.

Take Care
James

Aloha James,
I remember when you had it up for sale... a few months ago....glad it is now working out for you and you resolved those minor issues...Have fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings Man Thanks for sharing, MM Stan

sometimes it takes a little time to build a relationship! Congrats on not giving up and making it work.

Top Bottom