E aloha from California across the sea…

iakeo

Reaction score
…which is directed at the locals due west of California, out in the water, obviously, but here's sayin' hello to everybody else too! :)

Right,… so, if I could figure out how to make enough money somewhere in the the lovely state of Hawai'i that's where my family would BE right now, but until then let's hear it for the delightful climate of California.

Anyway, thanks for havin' this great place for the support and treatment of my ukulele addiction, and I'll be trying real hard to get up to speed so that I have something intelligent to say at some point in the not too distant future.

Til then, or even sooner, probably, mahalo nui e aloha nui loa!

Welcome! Glad you could join us.

Welcome to UU! You're especially lucky to be in the east bay's lovely climate considering San Francisco's windiness, fogginess, and chilliness are just across the bridge.

Welcome to UU! You're especially lucky to be in the east bay's lovely climate considering San Francisco's windiness, fogginess, and chilliness are just across the bridge.

Yes, indeed,… I can always cool off when it get's over 90 degrees by heading for the foggy beach.

…but I do envy San Diego (and anywhere in the islands, of course) for having actual SUN at the surf!

What a concept! Sand, surf AND SUN… sometimes it happens (mysteriously) in late October, but it's never predictable. :shaka:

Aloha Iakeo,
E komo mai...to the UU and our forums and the ukulele..have fun and enjoy...google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for some awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for instructions, chords
and songs...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aloha iakeo,
Welcome to UU and its forum. There is alot of Hawaii transplants here on the forum, me being one of them. I use to live in Fremont but now in Salida, next to Modesto. Anyway, welcome again....have fun........................BO...................

There is actually a California in Scotland. Welcomemy west coast friend

Aloha Iakeo, Welcome to UU. You have found the right place to feed your ukulele adiction.

I am your northern neighbor nestled behind the redwood curtain and getting really tired of rain and fog. We had hail yesterday! Someone tell the CA north coast weather gods that summer is only a couple weeks away!!!!

Welcome!

Aloha Iakeo,
E komo mai...to the UU and our forums and the ukulele..have fun and enjoy...google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for some awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for instructions, chords
and songs...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Yep,… I'M seriously jealous of the "5 minutes north-ish of Waikiki" location you've wrangled for yourself! :)

My wife and I will be living there (or within a few hundred miles) as soon as we can manage it. Looking forward to that (d'uh!).

…and the STRUMMING part looks like it's gonna be the most "challenging" for me. Although, one would think I might have SOMETHING of an advantage with that as I also "play" the bodhrán (irish crosspiece-backed goat-skin hoop drum thingy), which is basically "played" by strumming it.

I "quote" the word "play" because most ACTUAL musicians consider bodhrán players to be non-musicians (or at least non-"musically endowed", as it were),… and in MOST cases they're quite right! …such as in my case.

But, I'm getting better…!! :)

Mahalo nui!

…time to get out the "Immersion Hawai'ian" mp3's again, I see.

Aloha iakeo,
Welcome to UU and its forum. There is alot of Hawaii transplants here on the forum, me being one of them. I use to live in Fremont but now in Salida, next to Modesto. Anyway, welcome again....have fun........................BO...................

I'm in the Oakley/Brentwood/Antioch area, at the "end" of the Sacramento Delta (sort of).

I'm not actually FROM Hawai'i,… I'm on my way BACK there after having fallen in love with the islands way back in 1972-ish, during a visit when I was a young lad. I'm "technically" a native California kid.

We (wife and myself) have been to na moku FAR too few times, and we're planning to starve there, as it's more important to us to RESIDE there than to make enough money to actually EAT there.

…yeah,… our priorities are a bit odd. :) <chuckle!>

You are lucky to be close to Mike DeSilva and his ukulele workshop in Berkeley. He offers some great uke group meetings, and he is a good teacher. Check his website out.
http://www.ukemaker.com/

–Lori

Top Bottom