FS: Kamaka HF-1 Standard/ Soprano w/case

Doc_J

Reaction score
This beautiful Kamaka HF-1, koa uke is in Excellent condition, no cracks, scratches or dents. It has a beautiful high gloss finish. Currently I have it strung with low-g Ko’olau Alohi strings.

It is a pretty uke with straight grain and small light curl. It has upgraded Gotoh Deluxe Amber & Gold Tuners (much easier to use than Schaller tuners). The uke comes with the tweed hard case shown.

There are two things I would like to point out (photo 4 circled in yellow). The bridge has small bit off near the bottom of the g-string slot. There also is a slight finish flaw along the seam below the bridge (not a crack). Most folks would not notice either of these.

This uke was built in Hawaii in July 2010. The instrument has always been kept in a humidified case, when not played. I am the 2nd owner of the uke. It was a difficult decision to sell, but a new uke just arrived, so one has to go.

Here are the Specifications:
• Top, Back and Sides: solid Hawaiian Koa
• Finish: Lacquer
• Neck: Mahogany
• Fingerboard and Bridge: Rosewood
• Gotoh Deluxe Amber & Gold Tuners
• Overall length: 20-1/8" • Scale length: 13-9/16"
• Total # frets: 16
• Frets to the body: 12
• includes tweed hard case.
• low-g Ko’olau Alohi strings
• includes new set of high-g (regular) Aquila Nylgut strings.

Here are some sound samples of this Kamaka soprano ukulele with low g and high g strings (excuse the crummy playing)

Kamaka HF-1 low g Ko'olau Alohi : http://www.box.net/shared/og7b1b5rs3

Kamaka HF-1 high g Aquila Nylgut: http://www.box.net/shared/b4h3n4tt0r

Now on ebay. item 220802405650.
74305-kamaka-hf1-2pics.jpg

9641-P1020906h.JPG

20318-P1020923h.JPG

35906-P1020896h.JPG

Last edited:
beautiful uke Doc,just like I like'em.simple, but beautiful, bet it sounds as good as it looks. good luck with the sale. I'd be all over it if it was a concert.

There is absolutely nothing like the sound of a Kamaka.

There is absolutely nothing like the sound of a Kamaka.

No, there is not! Only have one myself, a concert; whenever I play it I can almost convince myself that I'm in Hawaii. Hi, Thom.

I was just checking the prices at Elderly, your uke is going for a great price. Surprised it hasn't been snapped up already.

Top Bottom