Dropped my Soprano...=(

SinisterDom

Reaction score
So, last night I went to the car to get my Ohana, I know it's not the worlds best soprano but hey I taught myself to play on it...anyway I asked my cousin if he zipped the case up, he said yes. I picked it up, and BAM! Straight onto the pavement it went. The mark isn't really that big, but it completely warped the sound. I think a cheese grater on chalk may sound better. Anyway, I think it's replacement will be a Flea. The reason why is because I always drop my soprano (it's mah travel uke) and Flea's seem pretty tough. :)

2rvy9mp.jpg

Bummer on the damage!!!

Yea for the excuse to get a new Ukulele!!!

Did it knock something loose on the inside??

I dunno. I think it may have warped it or something. Blargh, deciding on a Flea is hard...sooo many, and then there's that tempting Koa.

that really sucks, are you going to give it a good burial...or are you going to go with cremation.

I'd be really pissed.....I don't care if it's a $30 uke or a $3000 uke....it's still a musical instrument and I think your cousin should offer to help replace it....I would.

Perhaps you could take it to a luthier and see what wrong....it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'd be really pissed.....I don't care if it's a $30 uke or a $3000 uke....it's still a musical instrument and I think your cousin should offer to help replace it....I would.

Perhaps you could take it to a luthier and see what wrong....it couldn't hurt to ask.

Yeah...my cousin's a real douche, I think he knew but whatever. And, no real luthiers here to work on it, there is a music repair shop...but they just laugh when they see a little blue uke.

Well, if you are thinking about a Flea I would certainly check out the cool custom designs (the Tiki with the open mouth guy is my personal fav). I have a Mango Fluke which is cool as it is, but my crystall ball shows sand paper, spray paint and home-made design in the future. I wonder what kind of paint they use on those tops, mine looks really thin.

Haha...a tiny tiny tiny town in Virginia...around 35-40 miles from Bristol. You know the place with the Nascar Track. Ha!

A driver that dad used to know liked that track very much. I've never been there but the stories were fun to listen to.

There's a uke shop, Ukulele4u on ebay, that's in Virginia... somewhere.. yeah I know it's a big state. :uhoh:

But yes, you want the koa flea. Send your cousin the bill. You could even small claims court him if he really is a huge d-bag that needs to be learned a lesson.

the guy that runs it is rob, pretty cool guy answers all your emails. Think MGM but for the east. lol

A driver that dad used to know liked that track very much. I've never been there but the stories were fun to listen to.

There's a uke shop, Ukulele4u on ebay, that's in Virginia... somewhere.. yeah I know it's a big state. :uhoh:

But yes, you want the koa flea. Send your cousin the bill. You could even small claims court him if he really is a huge d-bag that needs to be learned a lesson.

:D I really do like the Koa Flea, but my cousin does not have nearly enough in his bank account. :)

Top Bottom