PDA

View Full Version : Blackbird Carbon Fiber Uke

garywj
05-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I haven't done any reviews on ukes, but thought this may be of interest. I've had a Blackbird carbon fiber for a couple of weeks now. It is a "tenor" size, but larger than any of my others. Mine has electronics. I also have a Blackbird guitar. The only thing I do NOT like about the guitar is that it is slippery and the unconventional shape makes a strap necessary. The uke, which is also unconventional in shape, does NOT have the same problem. It is easy to hold and feels comfortable.

The Blackbird uke has a wonderful full sound. It comes with low G, which sounds nice. I have 2 other ukes that I sometimes play with low G, but the Blackbird sounds the best. If you ever get a chance to play one, I think you will be impressed. It's about all I've played in the last 2 weeks. I bought it as my travel uke. Surprisingly, a Santa Cruz is smaller and has an indestructible case. The case for the Blackbird is nice, but could be better. So now I have 2 ukes that I can travel with. I rate the Blackbird 5 stars.

mm stan
05-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Aloha Gary,
Congratulations on you new Blackbird Carbon Fiber Uke and thank you for you mini review on it..Have fun and enjoy..Happy strummings man...MM Stan

Kazz3lrath
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
A similar review was posted a while ago.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?43399-Blackbird-Ukulele-Review&highlight=blackbird