Classifieds

Barry Sholder

Reaction score
Does anyone know of additional venues where one can sell ukuleles besides here? I make Gourd Banjo Ukuleles which you probably haven't seen much of. I am needing more exposure. I list them on E-Bay but that's about it. I plan to make a few Youtube videos. I know with my gourd banjos, "The banjo hangout" has a classifieds that I have done OK with ,so I was hoping there might be something similar website for uke shoppers.

You should attend some uke festivals and get togethers. Word of mouth is pretty important to selling instruments. The UWC is going on in Needmore, IN this weekend.

As the owner of a gourdulele, I suggest finding gourd related sites. There is the American Gourd Society, and many many state chapters. Maybe there'll be members who would appreciate your instruments as art, and play. It's a different angle anyway.

I think Neiman Marcus had one too ...in the thousands...speciality market..it looked great..

Barry, Gordy, the gourdulele is like the Buick of instruments. I bought it on ebay, and kept it because my goal is to be a paid performer at next year's Washington state gourd festival. (Last year there was a beautiful gourd banjo in the competition, which I'm sure must have won a ribbon) I am still modifying Gordy. Weaknesses: Massive, thick soundboard--so poor projection, 18 1/4" scale. Strengths: a conversation piece, accurate intonation, unusual tone and can be used as a weapon.
You might consider having a friend submit photos/an article to the American Gourd Society's The Gourd Magazine as a featured artist. Free publicity about your art.

Last edited:
Hi Barry and welcome to UU

Nice website, and I love your artwork too.
Ukulele festivals, and perhaps Aloha festivals would be a good idea for your ukes. Definitely put up an add on Fleamarket Music, and keep redoing every month because they automatically expire.

You can also think about ways to maximize your website for Google Searches. Look into adding keywords and have other related sites link to yours. You might want to add a blog, or update your pages regularly, because I understand that those things help make your page look current to the web crawlers. Web Crawlers look for content in your pages, so make sure you mention your gourd ukuleles several times in the text to boost it's relevance standing. Name your photos descriptively so they might be found in a Google image search. You can embed your YouTube videos into your site, so people can view them while still on your website.

Good Luck!
–Lori

Top Bottom