Played in a "Jam" session

Muugi

Reaction score
There is a recurring jam session here in our little town. I decided to head down tonight and had quite a bit of fun. I was definately out matched but they found a couple of songs that I could play along with.

Lessons Learned....
#1 Practice at home standing up. Got there and they mic'd the Uke and was standing for the couple of songs I joined in on. Yeah need to practice holding that thing.

#2 I think I need to purchase a uke with a pickup (as good an excuse as any to buy another uke). Having to stand in one play really close to a mic was a bit more difficult for an experienced person like myself.

#3 Warm up before hand. My hand was so cramped up by the second song. The song was quite simple: A D E. But that E chord was a bit much by the end of the song. My hand is just not strong enough yet. I ended up skipping the E chord quite a bit by the end.

Anyway I was just excited and thought I would share with yall.

Yup, I've used the need-a-uke-with-a-pickup excuse to buy a new uke before. It's a great feeling. Congrats on jamming for the first time!

thats pretty cool, they ned something like that around here...maybe im not looking for hard enough.

I hate that E chord, ive gotten used to it, but its one of the few "common" chords that i cant stand.

Lazy uke player's alternative fingerings for E chord:

x

x

or just use E7 if you're in the key of A.

For the second and third ones with the barred 4th fret, you can use your index finger to bar it instead of your ring finger.

Lazy uke player's alternative fingerings for E chord:

x

x

or just use E7 if you're in the key of A.

For the second and third ones with the barred 4th fret, you can use your index finger to bar it instead of your ring finger.

ya...i was thinking that too. its okay to cheat sometimes. the more you practice tho the sooner you'll be able to play it.

Top Bottom