my new ukulele recording

Kmetzger

Reaction score
Just finished my cover recording of "Sea of Heartbreak". Only stringed instruments are ukuleles (of course ;-) Played on my Moore Bettah tenor ukulele. Along with drums, bass, etc.

Hear it at: http://soundcloud.com/keithmetzger

Recorded in my home studio and mastered at Abbey Road Studios in London (via their online service).

It's a great song from 1961. Lyrics by Hal David, who later became Burt Bacharach's partner and responsible for a string of hits. Most recently recorded as a duet with Rosanne Cash and Bruce Springsteen in 2010.

Hope you enjoy it.

Aloha Keith,
Thank you for sharing...the songs sound wonderful and love it...your double puka ukes sounds so sweet...is it a Mele??? MM Stan

All ukulele parts on the recordings "Sea of Heartbreak" and "Gentle on my Mind" on my soundcloud page I performed with my Moore Bettah tenor. Amazing instrument.

The Ukulele on "If I needed someone" is a KoAloha soprano.

Thanks for your comments Stan.

Keith

Last edited:
Very nicely done. Great playing and singing. Thanks for posting.
don

Sounds great Keith. Keep 'em coming!

Nice of both of you to say. And Eric: I've recently become aware of the fine instruments you make (probably because of Eddie Vedder). Absolutely gorgeous. Extremely tasteful in appearance. And the sound I've heard on recordings is beautiful. If you accept visitors, I'll have to stop by your place and try one the next time I'm on Maui. (There wouldn't happen to be any dealers over here on the mainland?) And...I love that you're putting the side sound port in them. (My only regret - though a small one - with the Moore Bettah I have is that I didn't get one with the side sound port, as Chuck commonly puts them in.)

Top Bottom