new uke day

Rockabilly

Reaction score
Just got my Kanilea custom in the mail today. I'm really happy with this uke. I'm pretty much good on buying ukuleles now.

kanileacustom.jpg

Man, that is pretty! Love the Honu inlay accent.

Wow that is a pretty uke. I love the slotted headstock similar to Aldrine's and it really goes well with many kanilea ukes. Its not to flash but the trim i never thought would work but it looks wonderful. And you have surley got a beautiful grain on the wood. Your really lucky and you wil have a great time playing it.

Thank you. I can't keep my hands off of it. I think I'm going to buy an amp tomorrow. I really liked how it sounded plugged in.

backsidekanilea.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH! I just know it sounds as good as it looks.
congratulations

Thanks. There is so much resonance and the action is perfect. I bought some D'addarios today and I'm kind of curious to see what the sound like but i never messed with bridge pins yet so I'm kind of hesitant.

That looks sweet! Is that a koa top combined with bird's eye maple back/sides? Interesting combination.

:eek: opps wrong thread

Last edited:
Yes it is. I wanted a wood combination i haven't seen a lot of. The pics don't really do it justice. im going to try and take better pic in better lighting later.

Thanks so much!...I'm really happy with it..it's my first kanilea..I wish I would of bought one a long time ago.

Yes it is. I wanted a wood combination i haven't seen a lot of. The pics don't really do it justice. im going to try and take better pic in better lighting later.

That's very cool, I've never seen that combo and it looks sweet. I like to see when people get something different than everyone else.

That's a beauty! I'm partial to that wood rosette and slotted head stock. On my lust list next to a Moore Bettah. C'mon lottery...

Congrats and enjoy. Sound clips?

Thanks alot. I'll try to do some sort of sound sample. I'm not very computer savvy so it might take a day or two

wow, what a beauty... congrats on the new uke!! Oh, and I found that the easiest make-shift way to remove the bridge pins is to simply get a piece of dental floss, loop it around the bottom of the pin, and gently tug till it comes out. Works like a charm!

Top Bottom