Kala Archtop Tenor - Set of Three

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, after several years of collecting, trading, and waiting for the right prices, The Ukulele Cowboy Society was able to complete our set of three Kala Archtop Ukuleles. Having all three, it's interesting to see the subtle changes that were made in design, the use of electronics, and the bridge configuration. The black was our first, purchased from MGM when Kala first released them. My wife received it as a Mother's Day gift. She was thrilled. The tobacco sunburst came next as part of a trade. I swapped out the heavy chrome tuners for lighter Grover open gears. And then a few weeks ago, I purchased the natural from Little Island Nick right here on the UU forum and gave it to my wife as a Mother's Day gift this year.

The real plus are the pickguards. They are custom made by a fellow who sells them on Ebay. He does a great job and they really finish off the instruments nicely.

Here's a shot of the whole family...

ThreeArchtops.jpg

Thanks!

What a lovely set, they look great together! I particularly like the one on the right there, very handsome. Congrats on getting the set together!
Cheers -F

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! And baby makes three.............which one is baby?

I love the fact that you have all three. I own one with the burst finish. The pick guard really sets it off. I have to get one.

Aloha Mike,
Wow that's some ukulele triplet bling..they sure look nice.. I guess your wife is very happy she married you..thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Aloha Mike,
Wow that's some ukulele triplet bling..they sure look nice.. I guess your wife is very happy she married you..thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Thanks, Stan. Actually, it's more like I'm happy to be married to her. She is as crazy about this instrument as I am. Match made in heaven...

Top Bottom