Martin tenor for 1/2 price

Teek

Reaction score
Made in the '60s - 70s? by Yasuma, excellent Martin lawsuit tenor uke, I have one, everything but the binding (not tortoise) is copied from Martin. Mine has a lovely harmonic resonance.

If you are already bidding on this, please don't shoot me!

Aloha Teek,
WHAT...you're letting go your Yasuma??? what's up with that?? just wondering...MM Stan

I have two Baritone "Lawsuits." A Yasuma and a C.F. Mountain. Both excellent ukuleles for the money. Take advantage of this auction, if you can. These instruments are hard to come by...

Aloha Teek,
WHAT...you're letting go your Yasuma??? what's up with that?? just wondering...MM Stan

I don't think it belongs to "Poodle Schmoodler.". What a great title Teek! She has a similar one.

I hear ya. Just because it's a "Lawsuit" or a "Copy" doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I have a Fernades Telecaster lawsuit (Fender Sued them over it, because it was a dead spot on, and many will say even better than Fender's Teli). Awesome guitar, and worth twice what it cost brand new to collectors. New it was a $600 guitar, and collectors often shell out $1000-$1500 for these "copies" now. If I could, I would swoop this Uke up myself.

I was late for work and running out the door when I posted, I thought I'd made it clear that I know it's a find because I own one... no, it wasn't mine and mine is not for sale, I would sell my Kanile'a first, and yes it is all sorted out now. I hope it found a good home, these are nice ukes. Be forewarned that if a concert shows up I will do battle for it! ;)

Last edited:
I guess that's about right depending on condition. The real irony is that Yasumas are far more scarce than Martin tenors. I have a Yasuma baritone and I think it's worth around $400 or so. Nice instruments. I don't think they made a concert or soprano but I could be wrong.

They did make a soprano, the concert may be wishful thinking on my part. These feel and play like Martins. From what I understand they took Martins apart and copied them precisely. That era Japanese instruments were very finely made. Remember Japan was producing Kamaka Keikis. I found a rumor on the 'net that Yamaha was behind the Yasuma name, and you know everything you read on the internet is true. ;)

So I did put bid on that Uke but was beat out by another and thought ce la vie...so many ukes, so little money... ;)
Well, it turns out the winner didn't come through and I got a "second chance" at it. I hope it's all the seller claimed it to be.

Kimmy

I hope it turns out to be in great playing condition too! It has prettier mahogany than mine does. I would put Worth Brown strings on it. I have them on mine and it sounds awesome. Mine has a cracked and glued saddle but I haven't had time to replace it. You may have to put a screwdriver to the tuners to adjust them to just hold: the screws are often too loose or too tight on these vintage pieces. Be gentle with it. These have wonderful thin light necks like, well, Martins; but I was going to add Kamakas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom