Ukulele Stand...

new wave ukulele

Reaction score
I'm dropping off a Maple Uke for judging in the San Diego Fine Woodworking Association's competition at the Del Mar Fairgrounds tomorrow. In the fine print, it says that violins need a bow, and other musical instruments need stands for display.

not wanting to buy a stand that is too big, or black metal and foam, I came up with this design. It took longer for the glue to dry than it did conceive the idea and make the parts.

It's steady, a little delicate, but from a distance, you can't see it, so one might wonder about the magic floating ukulele in the window!

Attachments

• IMG_2991.jpg
    IMG_2991.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2993.jpg
    IMG_2993.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 48
Thats fine, please send $0.35 as a licensing fee per stand per use (i.e. photo, trade show display, website hit, etc.) we can talk franchising later.

Thank You,
Legal Department,
New Wave Ukulele Company.

I'd be afraid to leave my 'uke on that stand, lest it fall over w/the lightest touch/vibration/breeze. It looks very nice for careful photography, however..

ye shant be afraid... this is for display only... for the common man of San Diego with heavy feet and careless elbows.... come to think about maybe I should put some lead shot in a secret compartment to make it bottom heavy.

the nice thing about ukuleles is that they're small, and when they do tip over, they don't have far to fall.

I was thinking about the lead shot too, but inside the ukulele itself.

WOW! Call your patent lawyer, you just invented the maracalele. I'm pretty sure James Hill
would endorse this instrument for you.

+ Now you can dispense with the stand. Tip it over and it will stand up on its own.

Top Bottom