Glue Bottles

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
I've been searching for a source for small glue dispenser bottles for some time. Tried the obvious sources all the way from kitchen supply shops, $2 stores, hardware stores etc. had no luck at all.

The wife found these yesterday at a place called Hairhouse Warehouse. They're sold as hair dye applicator bottles.
file.php

Aloha Allen,
How about those funnel things that look like blow paper cones that the cake decoraters use to write with the icing on the cakes made out of wax paper??? hmmm

Great idea as long as they aren't used. I buy my glue in one gallon bottles, having downsized from 5 gallon buckets, and transfer them to mustard and ketchup bottles from the dollar store. I tried getting some that had been used from the hair salon my wife goes to but the perm chemical couldn't be cleaned out and I had a bunch of glue failures.

I doubt if I go through a pint of glue a month, probably half that much. I've started buying the smaller bottles (8 oz) and I check all the dates to get the freshest stuff.

+1 on the Fastcap accelerator and on the Glu-bot. They also have some cool stuff for cabinet installers, I love the Speed-dolly too...

When you've got 14 students on the go, you go through a lot of glue and they can't all share the same bottle.

Trying to find one that will work for inexperienced people is actually a lot more difficult that you would think. It's not a pretty sight when you see them squeeze 10 times more glue than you would want or need on to a brace and then smear it everywhere attempting to clean it up.

I use ink dye bottles - same thing. I also find them useful because they dispense a very fine bead of glue. Alkso useful for plastic binding adhesive like weld-on which comes in unusable tubes.

Top Bottom