Will the Circle Be Unbroken (part 2, of sorts)

Neal

Reaction score
Eugene posted a great version of this song, written by Ada Habershon, made popular by Maybelle. His was a solo, I'll embed it as well, and would encourage another listen, he plays his a little different (and on a great uke), and I think nails it. Our version is a simplified jam version, a little frailing uke, and here it is- (I'm the chubby guy with the uke..)

Here's Eugene's again, I love this one, and will probably use his version solo.

Wow!!! AWESOME!!! Neal, your version is fabulous. Some VERY classy uke playing too mate. Just loved it. Nice harmonies too. You guys play together beautifully. That was really inspiring. And always nice to hear some sweet bass throbbing away and keeping things together. BRILLIANT!!! :)

I love this song. It really is one of my favourites. I love both Neal's and Eugene's version. I wonder if anyone else has recorded it recently? If so, why not post it here? If not, why don't you record it?

Hope you don't mind me adding this to the thread, Neal.

I recorded it at least twice last year. Just simple, on-the-spot jams, but I really enjoyed the company of those I was playing along with.

This one is with Little6ster, Grumpy and Russ at last year's Wine Country Fest.

This one is with Krabbers, Tony, a zebra and Ian and Phil of The Re-entrants at the Hollesley Festival.

Last edited:
Just found a few other versions that I remember.

Here's BaronK69 and friends. Earthy and good.

I think this recording by Lew is wonderful. Everything seems perfect: wooden porch, rocking chair, log pile. A beautifully subdued version.

And who could forget Alan's version's. He is ably accompanied by his flatulent doggy.

I know that there are lots more great versions of this song out there.

Hollesley vid also has Phil Doleman (far right) and Ian Emmerson (left in the chair) of the Re-entrants. Who are the others, Ken?

Tony (casetone) and Krabbers. They have both been around as long as me. Krabbers song, "This Message", must be easily the most covered original ukulele song ever. There is also Debra the Zebra and me.

Top Bottom