Kanilea Islander Headstock Logo

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just got this from Kanilea a few minutes ago, FYI:

Aloha Phil,

The logo on our islander is a silk screening that is not removable like a sticker. I hope this helps. Take care!

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Joseph Souza

Kanile`a `Ukulele

(808) 234-2868

www.kanileaukulele.com

That is good it's not a sticker. I wonder why they did not use their regular "K" logo though.

Although I'd much rather it had been a sticker so you could remove it. I think a lot of people will be turned off by the logo and it's size/placement. With any instrument, sound and playability are always the most important thing, but some things are hard to get passed especially when there are other very good and better looking options out there.

Although I'd much rather it had been a sticker so you could remove it. I think a lot of people will be turned off by the logo and it's size/placement. With any instrument, sound and playability are always the most important thing, but some things are hard to get passed especially when there are other very good and better looking options out there.

Me too! I pointed this out to Joe by replying to his email. I told him I have seen several folks on UU indicate they would not buy an Islander because of the headstock, and I recommended a simpler, classier logo. I guess we'll see. Except for the bridge, I still wonder if that mahogany tenor with the tortoise binding is related to the nearly identical Kala.

Me too! I pointed this out to Joe by replying to his email. I told him I have seen several folks on UU indicate they would not buy an Islander because of the headstock, and I recommended a simpler, classier logo. I guess we'll see. Except for the bridge, I still wonder if that mahogany tenor with the tortoise binding is related to the nearly identical Kala.
Many similarities, but really there's only so many combos so it could be coincedence. Hopefully they'll change their logo or at least the format on the headstock. I wasnkinda excited about Islander Ukes until I saw their headstock.

Yeah, ouch on the headstock. I just can't dig it. I wanna but can't. Simple is better.

As much as we hate the logo if they put their normal style, it would drive up the cost (I think) and the purpose of the islander is to provide an affordable kanile'a. Similar to the cheap import koaloha that has an ugly logo as well.

Do you think they used the TRU bracing for the Islanders? Also, i could care less if the headstock looks kinda corny, as long as the sound my uke can make is good, I am good. :D
HMM this kinda reminds me of the KoAlana headstock with the white logo. I don't know, it just didn't look aesthetically there, i prefer a black simple logo as long it doesn't look like a sticker.

Do you think they used the TRU bracing for the Islanders? Also, i could care less if the headstock looks kinda corny, as long as the sound my uke can make is good, I am good. :D
HMM this kinda reminds me of the KoAlana headstock with the white logo. I don't know, it just didn't look aesthetically there, i prefer a black simple logo as long it doesn't look like a sticker.
I doubt they use tru bracing. then again, I don't know much about the islanders. MGM mentioned it awhile back and if my memory serves me correctly, they are budget import mass assembly ukes? Someone correct me if I am wrong. I'm not a kanile'a fan so I just skimmed the info.

I like the Islander head stock logo!

It looks like a nice Hawaiian font and does not look busy at all.

I don't care for the Kanilea logo, it looks too fat and round.

Last edited:
some things are hard to get passed especially when there are other very good and better looking options out there.

That's why I will never own a KoAloha (ugly web foot head stock although, I do like the Christian meaning behind The design) or a Mainland Uke (overdone rope binding).

Last edited:
Top Bottom