Ho'ike Hawaii - Orlando, FL Oct 10-12, 2008

Poi Dog

Reaction score
Aloha All,

I thought I'd pass on some info for those of you who may be interested. Ho'ike Hawaii will be having their annual Hawaiian/Polynesian Multi-Workshop in Orlando, Florida from October 10th to 12th, 2008. The Multi-Workshop not only has a ukulele Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced classes, but classes on dancing, lei making and other classes of interest.

Here's a few pics from the 2007 Ukulele Workshop from their website.
20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Class: UKULELE (Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced Classes)
Instructor: Kalei Napalapalai
Cost: $40 (Bring own ukulele)
Schedule: 10/10 & 10/11 (6pm-10pm) 10/12 Sun (10am-12 noon & Prep for Hoike)

Click here or go to HoikeHawaii.Com for more information and online registration.

I hope to see some of you there! Most likely I'll be there with my "Ukulele Underground" shirt on! LOL

This would be so cool! We might be able to make it 10/10. We leave for Puerto Rico on 10/11, though...

Hey, what part of Puerto Rico? I got some family there.

Poi Dog, Do you have any idea if bringing a six string would be ok or would you stick with a 4 string?

Hey, what part of Puerto Rico? I got some family there.

Poi Dog, Do you have any idea if bringing a six string would be ok or would you stick with a 4 string?

I'm sure the 6 string (or higher) would be fine for the Intermediate and advanced classes, but I'm sure most people are going to be bringing 4 string ukes.

The only other question is how do you decide if you are a beginner or intermediate player? I consider myself a beginner but I know more than most beginners but I've met beginners that kicked my butt.

Top Bottom