PDA

View Full Version : A few songs to play.

Kazz3lrath
06-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Howdy everybody. My father used to play the guitar, and he and I planning on playing together at some point. I will be on the uke (naturally), while he just has his old acoustic. What songs would y'all suggest? He would mostly know country rock, classic rock, and folk/country.

JoeUke
06-02-2011, 08:32 AM
I am always jamming with my friend who plays his classical guitar. We play anything and everything. Just play what you like!

70sSanO
06-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Nothing screams ukulele like some good old Allman Brothers.

Well maybe that is stretching it a bit, but the last time my younger brother and I got together, I brought a couple of ukuleles and we were having a good time with Whipping Post, Stormy Monday, etc.

The potential issues with a guitar and uke are 1) volume differences, and 2) finding a good key for both the uke and guitar...

... it it does help to have someone who is able to do the lead licks.

John

70sSanO
06-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Also...

Vintage CSN will work on a ukulele because the re-entrant tuning will give a little bit of a 12 string sound.

John

Kazz3lrath
06-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Allman Brothers sounds like an awesome idea. Thanks!

Kanaka916
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Howdy everybody. My father used to play the guitar, and he and I planning on playing together at some point. I will be on the uke (naturally), while he just has his old acoustic. What songs would y'all suggest? He would mostly know country rock, classic rock, and folk/country.

Check out UU's Ukulele Resources (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?15464-Ukulele-Resources-%28Updated%29) for links to songs and songbooks.

Huna
06-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Mickey Mouse Club theme song looks pretty good.