Sorry if already posted - more UK national tv ukulele coverage

bazmaz

Reaction score
Not sure why, but I struggled to find this clip but glad I found it.

Wanted to share because it gives great coverage to Duke Of Uke (who are running a Save Duke Of Uke campaign at present) plus the Dulwich Ukulele Club - nice one guys!

I also like it because it isnt the normal patronising ukulele article - "its just a toy, what a laugh, its a tiny guitar" nonsense

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2011/06/more-uk-ukulele-coverage.html

Thanks for posting that! The report does seem more thoughtful than the average "I'm getting on the ukulele bandwagon" stories that have popped up recently. I wish the story had included Sophie Madeleine, who performs regularly, from what I understand, in the London and Brighton areas (I saw her perform in San Francisco a few months ago, but she's only been to the US a few times), but I liked the people who were featured.

I also like it because it isnt the normal patronising ukulele article - "its just a toy, what a laugh, its a tiny guitar" nonsense.

Although the reporter did introduce the story by referring to the ukulele as a "four string scaled down guitar." Maybe some of that sort of talk is inevitable.

Top Bottom