New Website

Bradford

Reaction score
For the last couple of years I have been asked regularly if I had a website, and the answer has been, I'm working on it. Finally I've spent the last couple of days putting something together. The address is http://donaldsonukuleles.com. There is not an awful lot there yet, but I will be adding content as I go along.

Brad

Thank you very much Chuck. I used WordPress.com to do it, Tim at Ukeeku.com suggested I try them and was even kind enough to offer to help. I also need to thank UU's Teek and Lori for helping with some of the pictures, that has been part of the holdup, I have needed to gather enough images to populate the site. They did a great job in sending me some very good pics of their instruments.

Brad

As a suggestion Brad, I would move the "HOME" link to the far left of your navigation to conform with the majority.

Been a long time since I was at Cannon Beach. Wife and I got a wicked sunburn there on the May 24 (Canadian) long weekend back in 1986. Don't think I've been through there since. Water was bloody cold though. Lovely spot and the picture brings back nice memories.

As a suggestion Brad, I would move the "HOME" link to the far left of your navigation to conform with the majority.

Very nice, Brad. I agree the order is not quite right and you might also want to rename a couple of the pages.

How about Shop -> Workshop. Visitors might otherwise think the Shop link goes to your online shop with fantastic discounts on all their favorite ukes ;)

Thanks Allen and Erich, I'll see what I can do to make the changes. Because I'm working with the WordPress template, I have limited control over things at this point. Hopefully as I learn more I will be able to tweak the details. So Allen, sunburn! Not something I normally associate with Cannon Beach, hypothermia from the water, yes, but sunburn? Being on the shores of the Pacific ocean does add some inspiration to ukulele building.

Brad

Looks great Brad. Ukes look awesome as well!

Very nice, Brad.

I work with that same template, and it automatically arranges the links alphabetically. The only way I know of to change the arrangement is to either rename the pages or to put numbers in front of the words. Kind of awkward, huh? :)

Is it possible to change the color of the number preceding each link to match the background? Then they would be invisible.

Thank you Sunny_One, that is useful info, I can probably work around that with some creative renaming.

Brad

Ah, so you're the guy who built the "Amy" models. :)

Very nice, enjoyed looking at all the pics. My only suggestion would be to use more descriptions in the gallery section. You could tell the story of how the "Amy" came to be, and I'm sure there are stories behind the Bao and the Teek7. Other stuff like what scale and woods involved would be nice, too. And how about a pic of you somewhere? It's always nice to be able to put a face with a name.

Aloha Brad
I see your website. It looks very nice. I am retired and started building 2 years ago. I hope to sell someday and a website would be great. I do enjoy building.
My observation on one of your builds shows the grain is running perpendicular to the uke rather than running the length of the uke. Am I just seeing things? If this is true are there others who build this way. Please let me know if others do as I would like to try it. Thank You and Good Luck dannyb

Hi dannyb, the pictures you are looking at are of one of my early Amy model ukes. They have concave backs, and the first few had three piece backs with the grain perpendicular to the length. These backs were bent on a hot bender before being joined. I have since found that I can get the same shape with a two piece back and normal grain orientation by using laminated braces over a mold and a go bar deck, a much easier process. If you do a search on the UU Forum on my thread about building the Amy model you will learn where all this came from.

Brad

Top Bottom