Eddie Vedder: Ukulele Songs!

ryry777

Reaction score
I'm with you on that one bro, I think it's really good. I especially like "Broken Heart".

i listened to it but it didn't make me want to buy it. It was good but not good enough to deop the money on.

i listened to it but it didn't make me want to buy it. It was good but not good enough to deop the money on.

Same here. I guess if you like Vedder and didn't know the 'ukulele could be used in a "rock" context it would be cool. But we know that already. It's not really anything we haven't seen before. Just my opinion. It's getting the instrument a ton of publicity which is good. I just wish it was a deeper look into what can be done. But I guess the "limitation" factor is kind of Vedder's point.

I was pretty impressed by Eddie's playing on the album. His playing has gone from a simple style strum a few years ago to some very nice intricate stums and picking, even some triplets in there. Two thumbs up from me.;)

I used to be a huge Pearl Jam fan, so naturally I picked up this album. I'm really enjoying it. Pretty laid back and nice sounding music. I've always liked Eddie's voice, so it's even better accompanied by ukulele.

I downloaded it... I like "Longing to Belong" nice to see the Uke spotlighted by the likes of Eddie Vedder! It can't hurt as they say... I enjoy the dynamic range in music thats appreciated on UU.

It's all a preference but I dig it much more than Jake's albums. I like Jake's live performances but the songs on his album sound like elevator music / easy listening music, which I'm not a huge fan.

I'm a big Pearl Jam fan and I'm really enjoying this album, particularly 'Can't Keep' and 'Longing To Belong'. The review on pitchfork.com (6.4/10) says "indeed, in small doses, Ukulele Songs is lovely." I agree with that statement because so far that's how I've been listening to it.

Top Bottom