So im pretty depressed

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
my roommate that just moved out, just got out of the hot tube and called me and asked me if jake shimabukuro was famous person. i said yes. THEN he says "i just got done hanging out with him in the hot tube, didnt know it was him, he offered me a beer and we talked for a while."

and this all was right down the street from me.....i am deeply hurt.

time to sleep, work at 5.30am in the morning.....ruined my night.....

OMFG that jerk! Did you mean hot tub, or a club called the Hot Tube? I'm just trying to get the mental picture, not that it makes it any better. :(

I'm just wondering what Jake was doing in a tube......and a hot one?

my roommate that just moved out, just got out of the hot tube and called me and asked me if jake shimabukuro was famous person. i said yes. THEN he says "i just got done hanging out with him in the hot tube, didnt know it was him, he offered me a beer and we talked for a while."

and this all was right down the street from me.....i am deeply hurt.

time to sleep, work at 5.30am in the morning.....ruined my night.....

I call shenanigans...

Jake doesnt drink beer

I call shenanigans...

Jake doesnt drink beer
) Beer isnt good enough for jake he only drinks Kentucky whiskey. i hear his playing gets better as he gets more inebriated! Soon he will even surpass the great master C. Norris

I call shenanigans...

Jake doesnt drink beer

That's the first thing I thought of when reading this post. Obviously Jake doesn't drink. If he was in a hot tub I don't see him having any beer around to offer. If he was in a club, however, it is possible for Jake to have offered to buy him a beer.

Something does smell a bit fishy though. Or is that just bad hot tub water:p.

Yes, who hangs out in hot tubs anyway? In August? I can't even bear to boil pasta in this heat. Your friend is just being a meany!

Actually it was Jake. I talked to him today. Oh, and it wasnt a Hot Tub. It was a Jacuzzi.............any difference? Anyway, Jake was saying they ended up talking about school (since Fred's roommate is a college student) and what each other does. So Jake said, obviously, play uke and Bruce said, obviously, he play guitar. So I think Freds roommate called him cause Fred is a Jammer and been playing uke all summer long, so hence, the connection.

Oh, and since Fred was so depressed, the reason I called Jake was to see if he would join us at the get together next week, but unfortunately, he's leaving that morning for a mainland tour.

Last edited:
Oh, and since Fred was so depressed, the reason I called Jake was to see if he would join us at the get together next week, but unfortunately, he's leaving that morning for a mainland tour.

Oh wow. Jake joining us at the meetup would have been pretty sick. Maybe next time. Haha.

But yeah, I dont think Jake is a big drinker. Apparently, he likes those non alcoholic Shirley temples. (Pretty good stuff, although I prefer the simpler Sprunch...sprite+punch)

Don't knock Shirley Temples. They taste gooood. /haven't had the gumption to ask for one since I was 10 though. :(

What's to say he was having a beer? I mean it can also be a turn of phrase, or, maybe he decided to try one out like I sometimes do.

Top Bottom