New Kamaka uke day!!!

sinus

Reaction score
My Kamaka HF-1 came in last week. Love the sound and playability!!!
The standard strings made it sound dull and lifeless. Swapped them for Aquila's. Sounds better, plays better, but I don't like the feel of them. As soon as my Worth Browns come in I'll put them on. They work well for my Martin and Kala. So probably....
Here she is with the rest of my UAS results.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.jpg
    IMG_3683.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 94
Aloha sinus,
Congrats on the new uke, beautiful family you have there! Have fun and enjoy....................BO.............

Aloha Sinus,
Congratulations on the new Kamaka soprano...Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings.....MM Stan
Nice collection...wow cool man..:)

Is the Kala, third from right, solid Acacia? If so, how would you describe the tone of this uke?

Hi Bruce,
The Kala sounded oke with the Aquila strings when I bought it in London last year. Nice warm and bright tone.
With the Worth Browns it sounded more mellow with warmer highs.
It was my main axe for life gigs untill now. Still happy with the Kala, even now I have the Kamaka.
Got a shadow pick up installed for my life gigs with my ukulele band "Mannen met Kleintjes" (Men with Little Ones)
Happy strumming from Holland.
Sinus.

Congrats! Read several posts and seen a few video clips that Worth browns really bring out the tone of the wood in some ukes including sopranos. Good luck.

Congrats on the new Kamaka. I myself have become quite smitten with the Kamaka's. I have worth browns on my little Kamaka 70's soprano and it sounds really nice.

Nice add to the collection and what a lovely collection it is.

Congratulations on your new Kamaka!!! It is a beauty!! Now you are offically a Kamaka Klub member (don't forget to join up!!)

Welcome to Kamakville. It's a nice place to be :)

I have Fremont Hards on my pineapple, and the factory strings on the concert. Love everything about these instruments, and will experiment with other string combos.

I've actually heard that Martin 600s sound great on a Kamaka. Love them on all my mahogany ukes, so I may give that a try.

Enjoy, and please update the string database as you try different strings (see link below.)

I'm not a fan of the Aquila soprano strings on my Kamaka HF-1 - they're just too floppy and mushy! I've tried Worth Clears and Fremont Hards, and both were okay, but my favorite thus far has been Aquila concert strings.

Top Bottom