Genres??????

Lexxy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble recognizing genres of songs. Sure i can tell my friend I can play the uke, when he asks about what kind of music I play....I do not know how to explain 'Gently weeps'. Could you guys help me out about genres? (E.g Blues, Jazz, Soul??????)

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble recognizing genres of songs. Sure i can tell my friend I can play the uke, when he asks about what kind of music I play....I do not know how to explain 'Gently weeps'. Could you guys help me out about genres? (E.g Blues, Jazz, Soul??????)

finger-style instrumental.

:pI just refer to the year or Band that plays the music.
For example, Gently Weeps I would say 1960's Beatle's music or George Harrison.

Last edited:
I have often heard the style that Jake plays as "Chord Melody." According to this site...

Chord-melody is the approach to guitar playing where both the chord and melody are played at the same time. Although mastering this form of guitar playing is very difficult, a well-rounded guitarist should have at least a basic understanding of this guitar style. There was a great article in the October 1994 issue of Guitar Player entitled "Chord Melody Concepts" by Joe Pass. There was also an earlier article in the July 1976 issue of Guitar Player entitled "Chord Melody" by Arnie Berle. The best commercial site is Chord Melody Guitar Music.

Top Bottom