Viewing Ukulele Mike's videos in order - how to do it?

ConspiracyUkeist

Reaction score
Ukulele Mike's videos are a Godsend for we beginners. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to view them in order. I'd like to go through them 1...2... 3... etc. Otherwise, I'm finding songs I like but they're like video number 244 or something and go too fast for me hehe.

Anyone figure out how to do this? I know, I know, I could just buy his DVD but money's pretty tight right now. All I need to do is figure out what magic computer wizardry enables me to watch his YouTube stuff in order.

Thanks in advance and you all are welcome to call me a computer dummy, I wear that title proudly.

I thought I was the only computer dummy. Sorry I can't help you but it's something I also want to know, so I'll be watching this thread.

Ouch. I know if I can find the Lesson One, then I can usually find the next one in the ones suggested to watch next. But I think Ukulele Mike has gone through a couple of user names since I last messed with it - Youtube is hard to get onto, and stay onto.

Not sure how to do what you're asking, although that would be great to know, but what I do is just watch randomly and figure out which song I'm comfortable/interested in tackling next. Also, ConspiracyUkeist is right, I've seen him use a couple of different nicks.

I would like to find the one for "Puff the Magic Dragon" that he used to have up. I was learning it and ::: poof ::: it disappeared.

OK I've tried a number of things, and there's just no way to look his lessons up so that they can be followed in order. If he had lesson numbers in the titles it would make it easy, but then, the idea may be to buy his DVD (which I wish I had the bux for) rather than learn it in sequence for free on the 'tube. The nice thing is, you can certainly look up a LOT of songs and there he is. And if he's going too fast, practice more and maybe come back to that song later. It's pretty easy to guess something like "Kumbaya" etc will be a beginner song and something with "jazz" or "Jake" in the name will be more advanced.

And I could swear I saw Puff on there just a day or so ago, you try entering "puff the magic dragon ukulele" into the search box?

I have not been on his youtube site in a while, but I remember that he had video lessons that were numbered.

I am not familiar with Facebook at all, but I was told that he has a site there with all kinds of information.....

I continue the "find one, a try it and book mark it" method on youtube......

This is stuff on YouTube not Facebook, I make a rule of never going to anything involving Facebook, it's just a site set up to steal your personal info etc. A hacker's dream.

Under his old nicks his lessons were numbered, now they just seem to be by song, which is great because there are a ton of them and I guess it's pretty easy to just pick out the beginner stuff first and then just go from there.

What's cool about his stuff is playing along, it's like having a teacher right here.

Hi, I'm real new; Just got my uke last night. I've watched a few Uncle Mike Videos and decided his dvd would be a good investment for me. Went to his website and can't seem to find it to buy. What? Anyone know another retail source where I can get it? I'm willing to pay for the convenience to have it available. Thanks for any help.

Stan

Hi, I'm real new; Just got my uke last night. I've watched a few Uncle Mike Videos and decided his dvd would be a good investment for me. Went to his website and can't seem to find it to buy. What? Anyone know another retail source where I can get it? I'm willing to pay for the convenience to have it available. Thanks for any help.

Stan
This is the info from his YT site . . . information regarding price and shipping is available by email: mike@ukulelemikelynch.com

I wrote him today...

Here's the response..

Hi,
Thanks so much for your inquiry regarding my UKULELE BASICS DVD.
The cost of the DVD is $18 plus $2.00 shipping and handling (within the US). Outside the US - $6.50 for shipping and handling. Simply go to my website: www.ukulelemikelynch.com
Pay through the Pay Pal Donate button, but be sure to indicate it's not a donation but rather to purchase the DVD. In addition please note YOUR shipping address.
Allow up to 5 days for processing and up to 2 weeks for delivery . . .
Happy Strumming
Mike Lynch

Mike answered my email in just a few hours and I have sent him my payment for the dvd. Very thankful for all the help.

Stan

Top Bottom